Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
even the USB 3 ports on the motherboard were working.
So you're saying that the Etron related kext works for the onboard USB 3.0 ports ?

Last edited:
I had downloaded the mXHCD.kext that supposed would work with the Eltron. I never installed it.
I just shut the machine down and pulled the USB Flash that it is booting from. Checking the kexts, the only kext changed was the one for ethernet that is newer than the OP's EFI. Looks like things were working all along or adding the Inatek kt4004 caused it to pull in the correct kext. The System Report>USB shows different kexts being used for the USB 3 onboard and the kt4004.

I am embarrassed to say that I missed the USB 3 on the System Report. Got to scroll down. duh

This is the onboard USB 3.0:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
PCI Device ID: 0x7023
PCI Revision ID: 0x0001
PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b6f

This is the kt4004 USB 3.0:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCIFL1100
PCI Device ID: 0x1100
PCI Revision ID: 0x0010
PCI Vendor ID: 0x1b73

The easiest newer boards would be ones with the Z370 chipset that have native NVRAM. The Z390s don't have that. See if there are any new Gigabyte Z370 boards where you buy online.

The Z370 motherboards are scarce as hen’s teeth now. Are the NVRAM workarounds for Z390 proving effective? I know work is under way.

Dennis

Sorry to say, but I managed to stomp on my installation that was working well.

I am now having difficulty trying to recreate it. I have rebuilt the install USB multiple times on multiple devices, using Mojave install on two different Macs.

Install USB flash boots Clover, then boots the installer. The disk utility will let me erase the target SSD.

When I select Install Mojave it begins the install. I select English. Then I get this popup:

This copy of the install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.

HELP?

Sorry to say, but I managed to stomp on my installation that was working well.

I am now having difficulty trying to recreate it. I have rebuilt the install USB multiple times on multiple devices, using Mojave install on two different Macs.

Install USB flash boots Clover, then boots the installer. The disk utility will let me erase the target SSD.

When I select Install Mojave it begins the install. I select English. Then I get this popup:

This copy of the install macOS Mojave application is damaged, and can’t be used to install macOS.

HELP?

Thanks for the quick reply. I had seen discussion about Apple’s issues with certificates. Because of the error message, it never occurred that the real problem was the certificate.

Having fixed the install app, it now has issues with the Firmware on the target USB SSD so it won’t offer the drive as an install target.

Strange.

Having fixed the install app, it now has issues with the Firmware on the target USB SSD so it won’t offer the drive as an install target.

Strange.
Looks like you're trying to confirm Murphy's Law ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back