Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed gt 710. Moved HDMI to it. Disabled iGPU in BIOS. Powering up, the BIOS screen appears. Given long enough, there is some text from NVIDA.

USB keyboard isn’t recognized. I need to replace the battery. It has never been changed in 7 years.

plugging along.

Replaced the battery. Selected optimized defaults. Tried to boot with your EFI without the gt710 installed.

Shazam! It boots! 1920x1080. iGPU.

System report says HD3000.

Now to try the gt 710 again.

Thanks for the EFI.

Love that Vanilla install!

Replaced the battery. Selected optimized defaults. Tried to boot with your EFI without the gt710 installed.

Shazam! It boots! 1920x1080. iGPU.

System report says HD3000.

Now to try the gt 710 again.

Thanks for the EFI.

Love that Vanilla install!

Still couldn’t get the gt710 to work. USB keyboard and mouse don’t work in BIOS with the gt710. The power supply may be insufficient. It may be 250W. Gt710 wanted 300W.

I know there are issues with USB 3.

It may be 250W. Gt710 wanted 300W.
That 300W suggestion is much higher than what is actually needed. A 250W PSU is more than enough for a GT 710. They'll never use much more than 30W of power. That's when you are really stressing your system.

Check and see if you still have nv_disable=1 in your config.plist.

Should the Ethernet work? This mobo is ver 1.3

Can anyone recommend a PCIe USB3 card that works OOB or with a next?

Inateck kt4004 should work. Haven't tried yet with Catalina.

Last edited:
Any one tried mXHCD.kext mentioned here:

This is a newbie question because that’s what I am:

I have used Elite2K’s EFI folder and it works. What do I need to change in config.plist to keep this system unique as far as the App Store, iMessage, etc? Will there be any conflicts if left as is? I am using my Apple ID and App Store account.

Thanks everyone for your help.

This is a newbie question because that’s what I am:

I have used Elite2K’s EFI folder and it works. What do I need to change in config.plist to keep this system unique as far as the App Store, iMessage, etc? Will there be any conflicts if left as is? I am using my Apple ID and App Store account.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Follow the iDiot's Guide to iMessage by P1LGRIM and generate your own unique serial numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back