Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 8.07.41 PM.png

Just Update from appstore

I'm running a gigabyte Z68 and GTX650 just fine. You should always expect a few potential glitches doing an upgraade, so by all means, have a working back up for your 10.12.6 on a different drive before you do the upgrade. Going from 10.12 to 10.14 you may be better doing an install from a usb rather than app store, but if you have made a back up first, then try the direct upgrade via the app store first, keeping the usb install as a second option.
I also agree with ghorwith, If you're wanting to go from 10.12 to 10.14 start from scratch. Backup your info and build a USB stick and load everything. Also, make a backup of your hard drive in case you don't like it or wish to go back. As for glitches and hickups they do occur sometimes but you shouldn't let them bother you as we are using many modified files to make all this work. :D GL But soon Also I will be posting a Catalina guide once its released :D you may want to go to that instead lol..

MacOS Catalina guide

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.07.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.07.28 AM.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Thanks for your work and posting your EFI folder.
I have one of these motherboards. This build was done in 2012 with Unibeast/Multibeast.
I have an i3-2105 and was using the GPU in the CPU. I am really new at Clover and OpenCore.
Using Clover 5099, I have a USB Flash installer that will boot the machine and run 10.14.6+ off an USB SSD drive. It runs at 1024x768. There have always been issues with the ethernet and I am using USB to ethernet adapter. That works.

It is my understanding that the i3-2105 has HD3000 video. But it gets reported as HD2000 in Mojave. I am using HDMI to connect to the monitor.

Can you point me to where I can fix/configure the iGPU?

I'm guessing you're booting from the usb installer only because you haven't installed Clover to the SSD. Why not install Clover and the kexts mentioned in my previous post? You should be able to increase the resolution.

I have Mojave latest installed and running in a USB SSD Drive. Booting from the USB flash installer with Clover 5099. HDMI. Resolution is 1024x768. It reliably boots and runs. Just got to fix the resolution.
The minimum supported Intel graphics in Mojave is HD4000. HD3000 is not metal 2 capable. That's why the resolution is so low. You can install a GT 710 to get working graphics in Mojave. No Nvidia drivers are necessary as it's Kepler based.

The minimum supported Intel graphics in Mojave is HD4000. HD3000 is not metal 2 capable. That's why the resolution is so low. You can install a GT 710 to get working graphics in Mojave. No Nvidia drivers are necessary as it's Kepler based.

So if I drop in a GT 710 will it boot without any further changes? Amazon has some for $42.00. I am new to Clover. I really like the idea of a Vanilla hack.

So if I drop in a GT 710 will it boot without any further changes? Amazon has some for $42.00. I am new to Clover. I really like the idea of a Vanilla hack.
Yes, you just change the BIOS setting to use dedicated graphics instead of iGPU before you boot with it connected via HDMI.

You can get all the details on Nvidia Kepler cards in my post here;

It will also be supported in Catalina if you ever want to go there. After that, we're not sure if it will have support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back