Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.14.2 Update works perfectly through appstore
Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 10.07.37 AM.png

Hello Elite2k,
I have the same setup as you have and followed you right from the beginning, moreover I am from Canada too! LOL!
I have my setup at 10.12 but wish to upgrade with a clean install but I will have to use the WiFi. What WiFi card or stick would you recommend to have a smooth install and work without problems?

how do you mount /EFI partition on the USB stick? I used the Clover Configurator, but I can only mount it under /Volume. After mounting, the directory structure under /Volume/EFI does not seem correct (see the attached screenshot below):

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 11.53.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 11.53.44 PM.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 147
how do you mount /EFI partition on the USB stick? I used the Clover Configurator, but I can only mount it under /Volume. After mounting, the directory structure under /Volume/EFI does not seem correct (see the attached screenshot below):
Looks like you didn't mount the correct EFI partition.

Looks like you didn't mount the correct EFI partition.

do you mind providing details how you mounted the /EFI partition to the USB stick? I tried the following, but no luck:

Code:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ Mojave

thanks

do you mind providing details how you mounted the /EFI partition to the USB stick? I tried the following, but no luck:

Code:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/Install\ macOS\ Mojave

thanks
Is the usb installer uefi or legacy and what format did you use?

I use Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format when erasing/formatting the USB stick in Disk Utility, and I chose the UEFI when using Unibeast to install clover. thanks
In that case, from terminal do diskutil list and find out the disk for the usb. If you have efi mounter you can mount the appropriate partition or from terminal do diskutil mount diskXsY (where X and Y correspond to the disk and identifier you want - eg. diskutil mount disk1s1).

Update:
I finally have smooth animations after install Whatevergreen at Multibeast.
Thanks.

Do you experience stuttering animation?
I'm using MSI GTX 650 on 10.14.2. Metal is supported but the animation is stuttering.
Below is my System Information.

I had to go back to HighSierra after installing Mojave, because: the video driver does not work (jittery screen and dual monitors are not supported). Will try Mojave again when the official Nvidia web driver is released

Noted. I finally get my animation smooth after install whatevergreen in MultiBeast. Thank you.
I suspect your system doesn't have glitches because your GTX 650 has native support, while @rcholic is using a GTX 750 which does not have native support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back