Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guide was great and install was smooth. Only issue i’m having is sleep of course... Machine will auto-sleep the first time, but after waking from sleep it won’t auto-sleep again. Tried different Darkwakes too. Can’t seem to figure it out so far.

Guide was great and install was smooth. Only issue i’m having is sleep of course... Machine will auto-sleep the first time, but after waking from sleep it won’t auto-sleep again. Tried different Darkwakes too. Can’t seem to figure it out so far.

Hey, yeah sleep seems to be an issue it seems to be working for me though on this board at-least but my alien ware x51 r2 sleep is not working.. and i have tried a lot of things to get it to work but i think we will have to wait and see maybe new kexts / updates will solve the issue ( I have tried a-lot of things so far lol darkwake etc.. kexts) so far my issue it it takes 2 mins to sleep properly and then press space bar and it wakes but goes to black screen and sometimes it shows mouse / comes back / white freeze glitches etc..

Several things you can do to see if they help
1- make sure you have a SSDT for your CPU
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

2-In terminal type the following code and see if something is stopping the sleep
Code:
sudo pmset -g
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

3- Check external usb devices try removing and seeing if something is causing your issue
4- Try Different Smbios I just changed mine for the Alienware to 18'3 Works like champ now

Last edited:
Hey, yeah sleep seems to be an issue it seems to be working for me though on this board at-least but my alien ware x51 r2 sleep is not working.. and i have tried a lot of things to get it to work but i think we will have to wait and see maybe new kexts / updates will solve the issue ( I have tried a-lot of things so far lol darkwake etc.. kexts) so far my issue it it takes 2 mins to sleep properly and then press space bar and it wakes but goes to black screen and sometimes it shows mouse / comes back / white freeze glitches etc..

Several things you can do to see if they help
1- make sure you have a SSDT for your CPU
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

2-In terminal type the following code and see if something is stopping the sleep
Code:
sudo pmset -g
Code:
log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

3- Check external usb devices try removing and seeing if something is causing your issue
4- Try Different Smbios I just changed mine for the Alienware to 18'3 Works like champ now
Got it sorted out! Did a few things, I'm not sure what solved it. First, I was using your EFI files you linked, and noticed the config.plist had a DSDT and a lot more stuff than my 10.12 build did. So, I used the config from your EFI in your 10.12 guide that I had used originally. That, and Darkwake=0 was enough to sort it. However, I seem to have issues with sleep when I sign into iCloud afterwards. Tried a bunch of other stuff, ended up signing out of iCloud, and auto-sleep works again. Thing is, iCloud worked fine in 10.12. So I'm not sure which iCloud service is causing the trouble, but I know there's more stuff under the hood with Mojave (Proximity in sleep for example). I'll make do without iCloud on this machine though if it means working sleep! Thanks again for your guide!

I don't use a DSDT since I have a uefi bios. I found though that with a GA Z68X-UD3H-B3 it was necessary to drop MATS table, but config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHeaders=true may also work.

Preview is a problem on several accounts (see other threads), but I haven't experienced that particular problem, but perhaps I don't have any jpegs that are large enough to cause the problem. What is the minimal size that causes the problem for you?

i was able to create a USB installer from the mojave.app but the challenge i face is to make it bootable. either it's just a blank black screen or it gets stuck in the apple logo.. so i give up for now till next weekend. lol

BUT, i did an upgrade on my back up disk. everything seems to work except my sound (i got hdmi sound only and not the sound from audio jack/port); booting up seems to take forever.

will work on it some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back