Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates on High Sierra Elite? or Still running Sierra on your rig? 10.12.6 still working great for me on my Z68MA, with all updates installed including security patches. Don't wanna break a good thing, but there's a few features I would love to have in 10.13.2... Device Software Caching being one of them. I'll wait until I hear of some more users with this board running it before I make the leap, however.

Any updates on High Sierra Elite? or Still running Sierra on your rig? 10.12.6 still working great for me on my Z68MA, with all updates installed including security patches. Don't wanna break a good thing, but there's a few features I would love to have in 10.13.2... Device Software Caching being one of them. I'll wait until I hear of some more users with this board running it before I make the leap, however.

My board is running on 10.13.x for 2 months, actually no real advantages over 10.12, don't waste your time update it.
If I reinstall the machine, I would go back to 10.12.6.

My board is running on 10.13.x for 2 months, actually no real advantages over 10.12, don't waste your time update it.
If I reinstall the machine, I would go back to 10.12.6.
Do you have any problems using High Sierra?

I assume there are problems with High Sierra otherwise why would anyone would want to go back?

BTW, Elite! It seems that you need to update your account on Photobucket, there are no pictures displayed on your 1st post.

I have Sierra running quite well on my z68ma-d2h-b3.I had a few problems at first, But all that cleared up when I added a cheap, older Nvidia video card. Now I am experimenting with High Sierra and video is the problem again. I am able to get high Sierra to boot up and achieve the proper video resolution, but the resulting video output is terrible.

Firstly it took me forever to get high sierra to run right I wasn't even able to make a fully bootable USB till unibeast 8.2 it would just crash before not sure why anyway I got it to finally work using 10.3.3 I have been using it for over a month now no issues just video card kexts meaning you have to make sure that nvidia drivers are available etc.. when you do updates

Firstly it took me forever to get high sierra to run right I wasn't even able to make a fully bootable USB till unibeast 8.2 it would just crash before not sure why anyway I got it to finally work using 10.3.3 I have been using it for over a month now no issues just video card kexts meaning you have to make sure that nvidia drivers are available etc.. when you do updates

Good to hear! Anything new in the process, kexts-wise? Or just ensuring you have the latest available Nvidia drivers? I run with an old EVGA GT640 that’s been very solid over the last few OSes.

Hello, I just create account just for this thread and still new to Hackintosh. And I have similar specs like you but with i5 2320 with HD2000.
I manage to get Zotac GTX 650, update and set the bios u1c. And ready to go.
I disable integrated graphics, and use DVI on GTX 650.

When install, somehow I stuck in rainbow spinning after first boot.
Can you give me advice how to use flag or your EFI to installing sierra in this mobo?

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back