Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3+EVGA GTX650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey. hello. Really useful guide, this is the one I used since I have the same mobo but im using a sandy bridge 2500 and a GT210.

One issue tho, I can't, for the life of me, make the sound work. If I go to Preferences/sound theres not a single device found on there.
I choose alc889 in multibeast; nothing.
then I use your ALC-120.command file and nothing, even though it does asks me if I want to install the ALC889 drivers.

Any idea where I can look to fix this issue? Im fairly new to hackintosh but im getting there.

im on Sierra 10.12.5

Hey. hello. Really useful guide, this is the one I used since I have the same mobo but im using a sandy bridge 2500 and a GT210.

One issue tho, I can't, for the life of me, make the sound work. If I go to Preferences/sound theres not a single device found on there.
I choose alc889 in multibeast; nothing.
then I use your ALC-120.command file and nothing, even though it does asks me if I want to install the ALC889 drivers.

Any idea where I can look to fix this issue? Im fairly new to hackintosh but im getting there.

im on Sierra 10.12.5

Hey I am sorry to her about your audio issues. I gave up on kexts for this back in the day as it was too "problematic". Instead I purchased a usb audio adapter that is fully 100% compatible with mac.. never had any other audio issues best $20 CDN I ever spent the adapter is even cheaper now lol.. here is a link All you do is plug it in and thats it drivers are built in stock OSX !!! :D

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B014ANW4VU/?tag=tonymacx86c0c-20

Sabrent AU-MMSA just buy this also.. the audio sounds even better and i mean amazing I used beats headset . and sennheiser and there is a difference between onboard and this. This is way better!!! also you can buy black or silver lol silver looks like the mac aluminum colour

bro pics in main thread are off

Update to 10.12.6 works fine just update from the appstore

screen-shot-2017-07-21-at-1-36-04-pm-png.267813

Simply update via app store and reboot everything works if audio stops working re install it also for nvidia drivers please update the drivers

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...for-macos-sierra-10-12-6-378-05-05-25.227494/

Code:
 sudo trimforce enable

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.36.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 1.36.04 PM.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 850
Hi Elite2k,

Just wanted to thank you for keeping this build guide up to date. I have referred back to it as the updates come out just to make sure everything goes according to plan. I was originally using HD3000 as my graphics back on Yosemite but after seeing some of the reports of artifacts I bit the bullet and grabbed a GT 710 to make things easier in Sierra since the support is OOB.

I have been able to do the App Store updates all along as long as I update Clover. Don't need to do any tweaks or extra Kexts for this build at all. Just updated to 10.12.6 without issue today.

I was thrilled to find this guide as it pertains to hardware I had lying around. I haven't worked with Hackintoshes in many years and was inspired to give it another try.

I've done my very best to follow this and the general Sierra installation guide but after getting past incredibly slow boot times at the Apple logo screen, I installed just Clover via Multibeast, and when that went fine, I used the KextUtility and installed the RealtekLAN kext to try to get ethernet to work and then the RealtekALC kext to get audio working and now I just boot to the Universal No symbol.

Booting to recovery mode doesn't appear to work, or if it does it's incredibly slow.

Attempting to boot with -v from Clover on the USB drive yields the "Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before exiting" message and it just sits there.

i5-3570k (stock clock)
Z68MA-D2H-B3 (U1c UEFI)
8 GB DDR3
240 GB SSD
HD4000 graphics
16 GB USB 2.0 drive with Unibeast 7.1.1 and Sierra downloaded three days ago.

I'm not sure how this could be going so poorly considering the abundance of guides and the fact that I'm not exactly new at this.

Hello,

Thanks a lot Elit2k for your tutorial i follow since many years.

I have an issue which is I'm unable to boot on my unibeast sierra key.
I am not really sure about the bootflags.
Would you have a clue to help me please.

Trugarez bras deoc'h.

i7-2600k
Z68MA-D2H-B3 (U1c UEFI)
16 GB DDR3
gtx 770 4GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back