Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 1click sleep, pstates, sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for this guide.
It works perfectly.

I had to install the 10.7.3 update which removed audio and sleep etc.. I just ran Multibeast again and applied the sleep fix and ALL IS WELL!

THANKYOU!

According to Gigabyte info, the 3770k is supported from bios f10
Does anybody knows if I can update bios using that cpu? and what about the hd3000/hd4000 behavior?
for now it cost at amazon 350usd...seems to be a little expensive, so its just released or wait for a month or so...big tks

Clarkey said:
Thank you very much for this guide.
It works perfectly.

I had to install the 10.7.3 update which removed audio and sleep etc.. I just ran Multibeast again and applied the sleep fix and ALL IS WELL!

THANKYOU!

I can't find sleep fix in Multibeast, I'd like to try it, can you show me where it is?

solidst8 said:
I can't find sleep fix in Multibeast, I'd like to try it, can you show me where it is?

Hello, it is on the original post.
But, I've pasted it here for you.
This is to fix the BIOS resetting (fans roaring, can't wake up, etc.) when you put your hack to sleep.

Paste this in terminal.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I rebooted immediately after, and it works perfectly. (I didn't test without rebooting)
Even automatic sleep / wake up in Energy Saver works!

Just plugged a USB2.0 iPhone dock into my USB3.0 port.
It gives power but no data. Seems USB3.0 is broken. :|

I'm pretty sure USB 3.0 is enable in BIOS, but I can't be bothered to reboot just yet.

Just thought I'd advise people on my progress, and hopefully someone will jump in this thread and say YO CLARKEY! I KNOW HOW TO FIX USB3! :lolno:

OK thanks, I did that fix already. It definitely fixed my BIOS reset issue, but I still have sleep issues. The keyboard doesn't work unless I unplug and plug back. The hard drives also make some weird humming noise when I resume from sleep too. Was hoping you did something I haven't tried yet.

My USB 3.0 is working, but not sure how to fix yours. All I did was install the USB 3.0 kext from Multibeast.

solidst8 said:
Was hoping you did something I haven't tried yet.
Nope :/
solidst8 said:
My USB 3.0 is working, but not sure how to fix yours. All I did was install the USB 3.0 kext from Multibeast.
I did install this kext, but no luck.

It's odd how we all have the same board but different issues.

TBH, I'm not too bothered about my USB 3 not working as I don't have any USB 3 devices yet.

Also, just realised my auto sleep doesn't work.
It BIOS resets. However, my manual sleep and auto wake works perfectly.

OK, I started tinkering with it again. I updated the BIOS to F9 and used the DSDT from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063. The keyboard now wakes from sleep without needing to re-plug, however, I still do have to wait about 10 seconds for it to come up. Still an improvement. BUT, sometime after that, I get an error message about a hard drive not being ejected properly. It turns out that my time machine disk won't work anymore when I wake from sleep, so I have to reboot for it to work again. Arrgh. So now chasing that new issue. :crazy:

I also didn't mention that the computer freezes randomly requiring a reboot for it to work again. Plus, I also get random video artifacts. These are common issues that many have been having for several months but so far no one has been able to fix them. However, I stumbled upon this thread late last night - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58739&start=10 but have not had a chance to try it out yet. If it works I'll keep you guys updated.

There are 2 different revisions of this board a rev 1.0 and a rev 1.3. I have not been able to find out what the difference is between these revs. I wonder if it has something to do with people having different sets of issues.

I updated to 10.7.4 and it's been a few days and I have not experienced any artifacts or freezes. Not sure if it was 10.7.4 itself that fixed everything because I also changed the following: updated fakesmc 4.2 from build 604 to 609 from multi beast 4.4, edited boot.plist by adding dropssdt = yes and delete generatepstates as per the temporary fix for KP on some sandy bridge systems.

Starting to wonder if the random freezes and artifacts had something to do with the boot.plist edits instead of 10.7.4 itself. Anybody out there still getting artifacts and freezes with 10.7.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back