Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 1click sleep, pstates, sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I run it with GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x I get stuck on this

83c8b94

If that screenshot isn't showing properly, try this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/be1lm647te8p ... 175900.jpg

Again shooting in dark.

My mantra was plain vanilla. Use latest and greatest Unibeast and chimera etc....

Did you check your bios settings? Are you using the HPET 64?

Try with 4gb not with (Corsair Vengeance 16gb)
Is your Unibeast lion disk size > 4GB?
Disconnect all other devices including network.
Try to re install?

My BIOS settings should be correct. I disconnected everything but the bare minimum, but I still got stuck on the message "Still waiting for root device"

I guess next I'll try a reinstall.

Wich one is the best kext fot network?

Can I clean all the installation of the Multibeast? If have a way, how?

Tks

Thanks much to memmerson for the guide! It was immensely helpful once I got everything installed. I wanted to mention a specific thing that I could not find a clear answer to.

I've been seeing posts about an EBIOS read error that happens when using UniBeast. I had the same problem with this board along with an Intel 80GB G2 SSD, 8GB Mushkin DDR3 PC12800 and an i5 2500k. It didn't matter what combination of things I changed in the BIOS or with the SATA ports. The problem turned out to be the data that existed on my SSD.

I had pulled the SSD from another Windows box where it was running standalone, but before that it was in a RAID0 on an Intel onboard RAID controller. I suspect that something related to the old RAID metadata was screwing up the UniBeast installer. I ended up doing a low level wipe of the drive using HDDERASE 3.3 and then everything was smooth sailing after that.

The only other problem I had was choosing a few too many options in MultiBeast (possibly the TRIM one) which caused instant fails on desktop load, but then I started over with fewer options and everything has been mostly great since then. I'm not totally certain of which MultiBeast option I chose to cause the instability, but starting over with barely any and then re-running and choosing one by one KEXT seemed to do the trick. I also theoretically installed the F9 DSDT while using the F10 bios, but I'm not sure whether that is fully compatible.

I occasionally get some pseudo lockups while fully booted, meaning that the mouse still moves but nothing else is responsive. A reboot tends to fix it, but it's generally a gamble. Since I haven't burned in this hardware yet I can't rule a hardware issue out, but I plan to install Windows on another drive soon and do some overclocking and stress testing to ensure there are no hardware issues.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed! It's been quite lovely using Xcode on such capable hardware.

Hi, I bought this board about a month ago for a new build and have everything ready except the CPU. Now that Ivy bridge has been released I have three options to go (I'm not hurry at all so have time to compare and decide...OSX support for IB is a matter of few few weeks, so...
option1 is an i7 2600k SB that I know that works with this board and cost $309 in amazon
option2 is an i7 3770 Ivy cost $278 (is not in amazon yet) 3.4/3.9 Ghz
option3 is an 3770k Ivy cost $313 (is not in amazon yet) 3.5/3.9 Ghz

For now I see no reviews about IB and z68 motherboards and I'm not planing overclocking on this new baby and I dont think that OC is supported with IB CPUs, so simply I dont know what is best option (I dont even know what BIOS version that board has :crazy: ), only know that price/performance the 3770 is 20% better than 2600k, with less TDP and Temps...Another thing not so clear is what about hd3000/hd4000 behavior on this z68/i7-3770. I really hope that someone can put some light on this, Big Tks :beachball:
Another thing is that SB prices will go down soon, so It will be another option ;)

I'd definitely hold out for the IB CPU if you're not in a rush. I'm pretty sure it will be supported out of the box (as long as the motherboard is), and overclocking is definitely possible with it as well. I almost wish I held out for IB hardware but I needed a hackintosh pretty quickly and wanted to ensure that the hardware was quickly compatible.

In another note, I just swapped out the heatsink in my build and am now running at 4.2ghz with stock voltage. Silky smooth :)

Just built with this motherboard. It is a version 1.3.

Are there any differences in DSDT between version 1 and version 1.3?

The DSDT from the library is
DSDT-GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9.aml

I copied that to the desktop before running latest Multibeast.

One question, does the DSDT-GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9.aml
need to be renamed to DSDT.aml?

It wouldn't install with VGA and had to use DVI as noted by others earlier.

Would using a DVI I to VGA adapter allow a VGA monitor to be used? to install? to run?

Thanks for all the help.

Dennis

You can try

AtiConfig=(your videocard personality) AtiPorts=( how many number of prots video card has)

Try them first as Arguments at Chimera boot up screen. Later you can add them to plist.

michaelroni said:
I built my system with this mobo and I installed Lion via Unibeast, but after installing, it's getting stuck on a gray background screen AFTER the Apple logo screen, so I can't get to the multibeast phase.. I did the initial setup, typing in my information, choosing the time zone, that sort of thing, but now it just gets stuck on this gray background with the pinwheel spinning.

Confused as to what the problem is.

Mobo: Gigabyte Z68M-D2H-B3
CPU: i7 2600
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16gb
HDD: Corsair Force GT SSD
GFX: GeForce GTX 460

Help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this same problem on my install. I fixed it by disabling the Network card in the bios. Once you get the system install you can then turn the card back on and everything works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back