Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 1click sleep, pstates, sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to install update? Any problems with that?

Do I need to run multibeast and DSDT again?

Re: [GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Overclocking issues

Please help me with your overclocking settings. I have tried multiple times to overclock my 2600K to a 4.7 and cant seem to get Snow Leopard to recognize it. The memory setting worked fine, but still shows as a 3.41 for the processor speed even if Bios shows it as 4.7 at boot. New to OC and don't want to fry anything.

Re: [GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Overclocking issues

Mr2sday said:
Please help me with your overclocking settings. I have tried multiple times to overclock my 2600K to a 4.7 and cant seem to get Snow Leopard to recognize it. The memory setting worked fine, but still shows as a 3.41 for the processor speed even if Bios shows it as 4.7 at boot. New to OC and don't want to fry anything.

I suggest you read up on the SSDT and OC guides before posting here, as your post has been covered numerous times.
Here's the skinny, OS X will NEVER display your OC, it will always report the max Turbo state "native" to the CPU. However, even with proper DSDT edits (SSDT) and using the latest Chimera, SP/About this Mac, will only report a max of 4.3GHz. Don't care if you have a 5.5GHz OC, 4.3GHz is the max.

P.S. 4.7GHz will net you very little performance increase vs heat/power consumption. I suggest 4.5GHz using the Turbo states (rather than the multiplier) with Max wattage at 120, everything else on Enabled. This way you can use the SSDT 4.5GHz posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=61306. Use the SMBIOS for the MacMini5,X for the most compatible P-states (speed step). Best of luck. :p

Mountain Lion

I just wanted to post an update to those interested.... I did a clean install of Mountain Lion on my hackintosh (which was built using this guide) and everything is working flawlessly. Used the same steps from this guide and multibeast settings, applied the sleep fix and TRIM, and all is well. It was actually required less tweaking than Lion did in my case.

First a hearty THANK YOU to memmerson for this post. I have tried for several years to build a hackintosh and was never successful until reading this site a purchasing the recommended hardware and following this guide to to install Lion. I was even able to to bring my Time Machine backup of my Macbook Pro over and everything works perfectly. I also have Windows 7 installed on a separate hard drive and that boots as well either directly or through Chimera. Currently I am running Lion 10.7.1 and will try the upgrade soon. But I was wondering if anyone has tried to get Parallels or VMware Fusion running. I've tried and can only get Parallels to run my Windows 7 in safe mode. And when I do it messes up the ethernet on the Mac side. So I was wondering if there was any advise to be able to to do this. Once I have this running my set up will be perfect. Thanks again for your tremendous work!

I don't know why you have issue with Parallels and Windows 7 . I used parallels from Lion and also using it from Mountain Lion currently. The issue I have was when I upgraded my system board BIOS to UEFI resulted in Windows 7 image not working anymore. I created a new image with Windows 7 and it worked perfectly now.

Just a heads up for those who used this guide and want to update to 10.8.1.... Update worked great, only issue is that you need to reapply the TRIM fix as mentioned in the guide. This is expected for every minor ML update.

In other news - the user who created this fantastic guide, memmerson, has a new guide up VERY similar to this one (Spec-wise) using the new UEFI BIOS on this board. Lots of advantages, more things working OOTB, faster boot up, etc. I'm going to be trying this update to my BIOS and this new guide soon, just wanted to give all of you a heads up who use this guide.

The title of this thread suggests that your sensors are working but in the guide you state that they are not working. Any updates on that?

edit: I got my sensors working. thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back