Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte X99 GA-X99-Designare EX i7-6950X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I would like to know if anyone get the built-in Audio and wifi work? I am considering this board for an upgrade. I would like to know if you already got it work coz I don't want to use HDMI audio and wifi is just want to make siri work.

Hello everyone, I would like to know if anyone get the built-in Audio and wifi work? I am considering this board for an upgrade. I would like to know if you already got it work coz I don't want to use HDMI audio and wifi is just want to make siri work.

Wifi card will not work. You can replace with a mac os compatable m.2 wifi card. Built in audio works with voodoo kext.

Thank you! I just google again and found that intel wifi is not supported yet. Looks like Asus is still the best choice.

Hi All,

Thanks to this guide and the other one from Rocket88 and was able to build 5820K with GA-X99-Designare EX. Everything works fine except known wifi issue.

There's a small issue about HWMonitor. Please check below two screenshot.

1. I can see CPU frequency of each core in X58A but not in X99
  2. I can see fan speed of CPU in X58A but not in X99
  3. The temperature of CPU heatsink is apparently wrong

Attach is my EFI folder, any advice is welcome :)

Attachments

• GA-X99-DesignareEX.EFI.zip
    31.1 MB · Views: 111
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext defeats power management.

Thank you for quick response. I deleted the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Others folder and check /L/E and /S/L/E there are no such kext. But the result is the same.

Also I did try Prime95 before removing the kext for CPU stress test and I could see the CPU Package Frequecy showed the highest frequency of 5820K with approx 104w.

One thing I forgot to mention. The attached DSDT does not match my BIOS version, so I have to ignore it in order to get it boot. I am not sure if it will be the cause.

did you manage to get the onboard bluetooth working, or does that require a separate card?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back