Contribute
Register

Guide: Gigabyte x79-UP4, Intel 3930k, Dual GTX 770, Samsung SSD 256GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi!

I recently bought one hackintosh with similar specifications. I have some doubts about the system performance, especially in the graphics. My computer has the following specifications.

Processor: 3,6 GHz Intel Core i7 3820
Motherboard: GA x79 up4
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2047 MB
Ram: 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
OS1: OS X 10.9.2 (13C64)
boot HD OSX: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 259GB

OS2: WINDOWS 7 64
boot HD windows: Seagate ST2000DM001 2TB 7200rpm 64MB 3.5" SATA-3

I have dual boot with two systems, but I particularly worried about the performance of OS X, with which i will work normally. The fact is that I do a benchmark with cinebench r15 and these are the results.

cinebench r15 over win.jpgCINEBENCH R15 over OSX.jpg

I think the performance is low, especially in OS x with 60 fps

Additionally I can say that I have tried a few things such as updating the bios of the motherboard and graphics card drivers. I use OS X on the web last nvidia drivers;

• BIOS update F7
  • NVIDIA WEB DRIVER: 331,010,1f02 (up to date 26/06/14)
  • OS X CUDA DRIVER: 6,0,46 (up to date 26/06/14)

I think it must be some kind of problem and should yield more.
Has anyone tried cinebech R15 on her computer with similar characteristics?
Any ideas?

Thank you very much!

(sorry for my English)

Has anyone tried cinebech R15 on her computer with similar characteristics?
Any ideas?

It is normal to have different performance on different OS and different drivers. I have attached a picture of what I get with my 3930K at 4.2GHz. The picture shows OS X 10.9.2, 10.9.3, 10.9.4 and Windows 7, 64bit. In Windows, my two graphics card works in SLI-mode via normal nVidia drivers.

So I would not worry to much about this. Just enjoy your Hackintosh :)

Kind regards
Gert Sterner

Attachments

• OSX_Win7_Cinebench15_3930K_4.2GHz_2xnVIDIA770_CPU_GPU_text.png
    OSX_Win7_Cinebench15_3930K_4.2GHz_2xnVIDIA770_CPU_GPU_text.png
    363.7 KB · Views: 308
Thank you very much for your time and reply, Gert Sterner :)

Hey Andrew, I'm a super newb to the Hackontosh world, so forgive me. What do you mean by the it did not accept an SLI connection between the dual graphic cards? I'm planning on selling my iMac and building a setup with dual EVGA gtx 770s mainly for FCPX and Davinci Resolve. Does it work the same way the current Mac Pro does?

Thanks.

Hey Andrew, I'm a super newb to the Hackontosh world, so forgive me. What do you mean by the it did not accept an SLI connection between the dual graphic cards? I'm planning on selling my iMac and building a setup with dual EVGA gtx 770s mainly for FCPX and Davinci Resolve. Does it work the same way the current Mac Pro does?

Thanks.

My machine can boot in OS X with dual Gigabyte GTX 770 OC cards with SLI cable installed. But OS X do not use the second card. It just sit's there.

In Windows 7, the nVidia Experience (app + driver package) use both cards in SLI configuration.

That was how I hoped it would be, so I am happy :) But, as you wrote, some has trouble booting in OS X, when the SLI cable is installed.

Kind regards
Gert

i have the same motherboard, video and my processor is 4930k.
i do everything, but when shut down my hack, and start, network doesn't work, NOT INTERNET, in About Mac, not exist Ethernet Card. don't recognize the onboard Ethernet card.

what can i do????? please.

Mavericks instal on System:

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Intel i7 3930k
HX 850 PowerSupply
EVGA Geforce GTX 770
Second EVGA Geforce GTX 770
GSKI RipJawsZ F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL
Samsung SSD 256GB (Mavericks Boot Drive)
Seagate HDD 3TB (Storage Mavericks)
Seagate SSHD 1TB (Windows 8 Boot Drive)

(Note: End result did not accept an SLI connection between the dual graphic cards)

i have the same motherboard, video and my processor is 4930k.
i do everything, but when shut down my hack, and start, network doesn't work, NOT INTERNET, in About Mac, not exist Ethernet Card. don't recognize the onboard Ethernet card.

what can i do????? please.

I would start by installing Windows on a drive, and see if the Windows drivers for the motherboard, can get some live into your ethernet port.

If that works ok, then I would start all over again with the OS X install. I used the this guide as it is, and that worked for me. You might have missed a step or a tick in a box in multibeast.

Good luck!

Kind regards
Gert Sterner

have you fix the problem about wrong CPU information in "About This Mac"
how do you fix it??
please tell me, tell us.

Hi, I'm using the i7 4820k, x79 up4 f5 mobo and EVGA Geforce 760. I booted into installation with "-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000", but installer was very slow and I also experienced choppy mouse.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing again in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". I was wondering if you experienced similar problems before? Thanks a bunch!

So when you're saying it just sits there, does that mean the OS won't utilize it but applications will? Like is it completely useless to have a second GPU in a hackintosh, or will FCPX and DaVinci take advantage of that extra power?

So when you're saying it just sits there, does that mean the OS won't utilize it but applications will? Like is it completely useless to have a second GPU in a hackintosh, or will FCPX and DaVinci take advantage of that extra power?

When I use FCP X, I can't see the extra card being used. If you want real power, get a Mac Pro. It is also a lot less hassle with app and OS X updates.

Kind regards
Gert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back