Contribute
Register

Guide: Gigabyte x79-UP4, Intel 3930k, Dual GTX 770, Samsung SSD 256GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOOOH! I am so tantalizingly close! I had to dump my Asus board because I just couldn't make it happen. Bought this one specifically on the strength of this thread.

Won't boot without npci=0x3000, so I need to figure out how to to edit that into boot.plist, but here is my question:

not using "-f" breaks the network. What is up with that and how to fix?

Thanks so much!

Have you had any luck by chance? I am having the same two problems!

EDIT: Problem Solved. I have been test installing on an external USB. When I was editing my drive's .plist, I was actually editing my active ML drive's .plist. Once I figured this out, everything worked perfect.

It's nice actually having audio! That is one thing I could never solve with my ML build. I appreciate the time it took to make this Theandrewlucas.

Thanks a lot for your guide!

It worked right away for me. I even started out with an over clocked cpu at 4.2GHz and had no problems with it. OS X even see's the CPU speed. It doesn't see the CPU type though.

I kept the SLI cable on. It works fine (for now) on my installation.

Then I used Neil's raid 0 boot drive guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-0-os-x-10-8-5-using-tonymacx86-tool-set.html

And it worked too. Only one error. I can't log into iCloud when booting from my raid 0 boot array. I hope to find a solution since it works fine when I boot on 1 boot drive only.

Thanks again! :)
Gert

Thanks a lot for your guide!

It worked right away for me. I even started out with an over clocked cpu at 4.2GHz and had no problems with it. OS X even see's the CPU speed. It doesn't see the CPU type though.

I kept the SLI cable on. It works fine (for now) on my installation.

Then I used Neil's raid 0 boot drive guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-0-os-x-10-8-5-using-tonymacx86-tool-set.html

And it worked too. Only one error. I can't log into iCloud when booting from my raid 0 boot array. I hope to find a solution since it works fine when I boot on 1 boot drive only.

Thanks again! :)
Gert

Looks like it was a fault on my end if you had no problems. Did you install to 10.9 or directly to 10.9.2? Also, which version of unibeast did you use?

Looks like it was a fault on my end if you had no problems. Did you install to 10.9 or directly to 10.9.2? Also, which version of unibeast did you use?

Good humor! ;-) I am happy that I had no problems! :)

I used UniBeast 3.0.1, Multibeast 6.2.1 and went directly to OS X 10.9.2. My GA-X79-UP4 runs un BIOS number F4.
As far as I remember, I did not change anything in the BIOS, beside the CPU multiplier from 3.2 to 4.2.
So USB3 ports are turned on, virtualization is turned on ect. ect.

Kind regards
Gert

I just got my x79-UP4 with 4960X running for the first time ever using this guide.

Got it overclocked to 4.2, however Geekbench reports it as running 4.8? And I got a Geekbench 3 score of 27698, which seems pretty impressive. :)

I am having 2 problems however.

I can't get it to wake from sleep.

Sounds is garbled/jumpy.

Have you had any luck by chance? I am having the same two problems!

EDIT: Problem Solved. I have been test installing on an external USB. When I was editing my drive's .plist, I was actually editing my active ML drive's .plist. Once I figured this out, everything worked perfect.

It's nice actually having audio! That is one thing I could never solve with my ML build. I appreciate the time it took to make this Theandrewlucas.

Kudagra, what exactly do you mean by your "ML" drive's .plist? Are you referring to your usb that you were editing instead of your desktop drive?

Im having the same issue where I have audio for about 6 secs and then it drops off on video and audio files. The OS's sound effects come through but are choppy and laggy. Here's my thread.

[url]http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/129215-ga-x79-up4-i74930k-ga-gtx770-4gb-skipping-video-audio-dropping.html

[/URL]

Mavericks instal on System:
Everything runs smoothly including Audio and Ethernet which were the two biggest problems I was having.
Hi, I'm using the i7 4820k, x79 up4 f5 mobo and EVGA Geforce 760. I booted into installation with "-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000", but installer was very slow and I also experienced choppy mouse.

The only problem after installing is the slow/glitch thing again in Mavericks. Also my hackintosh has the wrong CPU information in "About This Mac". It shows that I am using the "Intel Xeon 4.3GHz Quad Core Processor". I was wondering if you experienced similar problems before? Thanks a bunch!

First I want to say thank you for the guide.

I have the x79-up4 and gtx760 and it now boots thanks to the guide but the animations seem a little slow. I had to revert the last step about editing the plist because it have it slower. I just added the 0x2000 string.

Any ideas why the little delay?

Just want to say thank you so much for this guide! I just got my system working (same motherboard, processor and single GTX-770).

FYI for any future builders, I initially tried this setup with Mavericks 10.9.1 and it failed, but as soon as I rebuilt the USB Unibeast boot drive with 10.9.3 it worked like a charm!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :thumbup:

Update: I got my audio working. I had to download the HDAEnabler.kext files linked to in the first post here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide-53.html

Downloading the kexts, running with kextbeast and rebooting did the trick for me.

Good luck!

Luke said:
Hi everyone,

Having one issue with installation - I'm hoping someone can help.

I have the same motherboard, processor and SSD (as well as video card, but just one of them). I followed the guide and I'm up and running except for one thing:

I have no audio! In fact, in Sound System Preferences it doesn't list any audio hardware at all!

Can anyone help me get this working?

Thanks,
Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back