1. 0
Mavericks instal on System:

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Intel i7 3930k
HX 850 PowerSupply
EVGA Geforce GTX 770
Second EVGA Geforce GTX 770
GSKI RipJawsZ F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL
Samsung SSD 256GB (Mavericks Boot Drive)
Seagate HDD 3TB (Storage Mavericks)
Seagate SSHD 1TB (Windows 8 Boot Drive)

(Note: End result did not accept an SLI connection between the dual graphic cards)

Installation:

1. PreBoot Installation:

I used the following guide as a starting point. Thank you “egotrippin” : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...igabyte-x79-up4-3930k-gtx-690-ocz-vertex.html

I used UniBeast 3,0 to instal OSX 10.9 Mavericks onto a bootable USB using Tonymac’s guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Once the bootable USB is created I also copied MultiBeast 6.1.0 and FileNVRAM.dylib onto the USB. FileNVRAM.dylib can be found easily in a quick Google search. (This fixes some login problems for certain apps) MultiBeast can be found using the Downloads menu at the top of this page.

2. USB Boot:

Boot from your USB using the following bootflags:

Code:
-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1

(I have read that the boot flag “-f” without the quotation make is also added to the end of this list in a lot of peoples set up but for mine it wasn’t needed)

3. Instal OSX from USB

Again following Tony Mac’s guide, Install OS X (make sure to use Disk utility to first make a GUID partition on the hard drive you wish you instal OS X on first and make sure the format is “Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and assign a name. i.e. I used the name “Mavericks”

After about 15-30 minutes, the instal will finish and upon restart boot from your USB but this time, select your boot drive (again in my case it was “Mavericks”) using the same bootflags as before.

4, MultiBeast

Go through Maverick’s set up. Once desktop loads, copy MultiBeast to your desktop and then launch immediately.

MultiBeast Parameters used:
DSDT Free
Audio: Without DSDT ALC892
Disk: 3rd Party SATA, Trim Enabler 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Misc: EvOreboot, FakeSMC v5.3.820, NullCPUPowerManagement, VoodooTSCSync 6 Core
Network: Intel - nhank’s AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
System: AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset (automatically selected)
Bootloaders: Chimera v2.2.1​
Customize Boot Options:
Generate CPU States
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Instant Menu (personal preference)
PCI Root ID Fix
Use Kernel Cache
1080p Display Mode (you can edit this to whatever your monitor and GPU can support if higher than 1080p)
System Definitions: Mac Pro 5,1​

Themes: Take your pick ( I chose tonymacx86 remixed and then changed it later)

Once MultiBeast finishes, restart.

5. Post MultiBeast:

Upon restart use bootflags: -v -f npci=0x3000

At this point, your audio and Ethernet will most likely not work.

Copy FileNVRAM.dylib to \Extra\Modules and open \Extra\org.chameleon.Boot.plist and edit as so:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Instant Menu</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>”2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Once finished, reboot and everything should work. (I have read that the first time you reboot you have to use flags “-v -f” without the quotation marks and from there on out it should work without but mine started right up.

Everything runs smoothly including Audio and Ethernet which were the two biggest problems I was having.

Thanks brother theandrewlucas for this guide

i do all things and all things working good :thumbup: exception the processor speed it's should be 3.2 GHz but it's 1.2 GHz :?: i tried many time to solve this problem by re-setup the VoodooTSCSYNC-6core but it's came the same :cry:.:banghead:

Any solve for this please ...?

please Help me !:crazy:

this is screenshot from my PC and all setup is shown.
Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 6.36.23 AM.jpg

Thanks for the guide! I will be purchasing my hardware next week. Planning on using this motherboard and processor, really relieved to see this.

I was planning on buying the GTX 760, is there a big difference between that and the GTX 770?

My machine will be mostly for audio prod, but I would like to leave options open for gaming. :D

Thanks brother theandrewlucas for this guide

i do all things and all things working good :thumbup: exception the processor speed it's should be 3.2 GHz but it's 1.2 GHz :?: i tried many time to solve this problem by re-setup the VoodooTSCSYNC-6core but it's came the same :cry:.:banghead:

Any solve for this please ...?

please Help me !:crazy:

this is screenshot from my PC and all setup is shown.
View attachment 81455

You are missing the following from your \Extra\Modules and open \Extra\org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
        <string>npci=0x2000 [COLOR=#ff0000][B]PCIRootUID=1[/B][/COLOR]</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
        <key>Instant Menu</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
       [COLOR=#ff0000][B] <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>[/B][/COLOR]
        <key>Graphics Mode</key>
        <string>”2560x1440x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

when I used npci=0x3000 with X79 Gigabyte board this disabled audio......

npci=2000 is what finally enabled me to get the AUDIO to work

hey there,

did you use 2 gtx 770 for mutliple monitoring or were you able to connect the two cards for rendering power.
Iám quite interested in building a dual xeon-hack for davinci resolve resolve rendering..

i can combine three Gfx-cards. to increase power.. would be interseting to know..

thanks

I have been trying everything I can find on getting a GA-x79-UP4 working...

Every option combination mentioned in successful installs for this board..
I have tried numerous graphics cards, many said to work. Even an original Mac graphics card from an old 1,1

Everytime, I boot of the USB loading all these files and eventually the screen goes blank and the USB activity stops..
Nothing..

The USB in question has been used on another mainboard setup with success. So I don;t think it is the USB installer I made..

I have tried 2 different Mainboards of this type. Same result on both.
Yes, I have checked the BIOS settings, this Mainboard is good out of the defaults..

Can anyone give me a clue about this behaviour and what causes this as so I can have a better chance in getting this to boot of the USB???

HELP,
James

OOOOH! I am so tantalizingly close! I had to dump my Asus board because I just couldn't make it happen. Bought this one specifically on the strength of this thread.

Won't boot without npci=0x3000, so I need to figure out how to to edit that into boot.plist, but here is my question:

not using "-f" breaks the network. What is up with that and how to fix?

Thanks so much!

Hey guys, I finished my build today. I followed this guide to install 10.9.2. The system booted to the desktop and I am running MultiBeast 6.2.1 with system definition Mac Pro 6,1. I will post my results!

Edit: Succesfully up and running under 6,1! The only weird issue I'm experiencing is under processor, it is listed as 3.5Ghz "unknown" :crazy:

HW:

GA-X79-UP4 rev 1.1
32 Gb Crucial pc312800
EVGA GTX 770 2gb
Corsair HX750w
Samsung EVO 120gb SSD
2x Seagate 1tb HDD

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.31.44 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 8.29.44 PM.png

The only thing I did differently was, instead of adding npci=0x2000 to the chameleon boot.plist I used npci=0x3000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back