Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte P35Xv3 (1080P) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Yes I did. It was the first thing that came in my mind and it didn`t work.
Anyway, I said to give it a try again, now, and the screen briefly showed up with a low brightness and then went black again. By mistake I also activated the voice function and while I was pressing the Brightness up button it was saying 0% and it would not go up.

Cheers,

No, it wasn`t implemented.
I have followed the guide in this post so after installing clover and registering the kext files I have rebooted and couldn`t go back in to apply the DSDT patches.
What made me wonder was why this changed when I have added the Wifi card in, because it was working perfectly before this.

Would it matter if I don`t reboot the laptop and just apply the patches to the DSDT files after installing the kext files?

Cheers

No, it wasn`t implemented.
I have followed the guide in this post so after installing clover and registering the kext files I have rebooted and couldn`t go back in to apply the DSDT patches.
What made me wonder was why this changed when I have added the Wifi card in, because it was working perfectly before this.

Would it matter if I don`t reboot the laptop and just apply the patches to the DSDT files after installing the kext files?

Cheers

You need to patch ACPI correctly.

Probably a bad idea to install all kexts without proper DSDT patches.

For example, IntelBacklight.kext without PNLF will cause a long pause as the IntelBacklightHandler expects to communicate with the component attached to PNLF at startup.

Thank you for your help RehabMan.
Eventualy I have reinstalled applyed the patches on the DSDT`s , copied them to the EFI partition and then installed the kext. Now it works and screen is not black anymore. Still the Key for Brightness up doesn`t work, both buttons will execute brightnees down command.

Thank you for your help RehabMan.
Eventualy I have reinstalled applyed the patches on the DSDT`s , copied them to the EFI partition and then installed the kext. Now it works and screen is not black anymore. Still the Key for Brightness up doesn`t work, both buttons will execute brightnees down command.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

The following applies only to the Gigabyte P35X v3 sporting the 1080P FHD screen. If you have the 3K screen, you will most likely have to adjust these instructions and files before attempting an install.

My display is the UHD 3K display. Could you kindly advise what adjustments I need to make.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back