CPU: i7 3930k @4ghz
RAM: 8x 8gb DDR3 1600
GPU: 3x GTX 680 @stock
SSD: Corsair Force GT 120gb @5.05 fw
LED: Samsung S27A950D @120hz

Requirements
- A working Mountain Lion compatible computer
- 16gb USB flashdrive
- Apple Store Purchased Mountain Lion (I got a 10.8.3)

Downloaded the ff latest apps:
- UniBeast Mountain Lion
- Multibeast Mountain Lion
- Kext Helper
- VoodooTSCSync.kext for Mountain Lion

and lastly... patience

Step 1: Preparing USB OSX Installer
Follow the instructions on creating a Unibeast on a working OSX setup
Link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Step 2: OSX Installation proper
At the part of booting the OSX installer on the USB drive onto the Gigabyte motherboard use these parameters:
UseKextCache=Yes npci=0x3000 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -f

Step 3: Post OSX installation
Following back the instructions on the actual installation on the link on step 1, install OSX. After installation and upon reboot, boot back on the USB and choose the SSD where OSX was installed with the same parameters that was used on Step 2.

Once on the OSX desktop, install VoodooTSCSync.kext using Kext Helper

Run Multibeast. Choose EasyBeast Installation. Select also the ff:
Disk : IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ; 10.8.3 TRIM Patch
Miscellaneous : ElliottForceLegacyRTC ; EvOreboot ; FakeSMC v5.1.61 ; NullCPUPowerManagement
Network : Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000
Bootloaders : Chimera v2.0.1 r2109
Boot Options : GraphicsEnabler=No ; PCI Configuration Fix ; Use KernelCache ; 1080p Display
System Definitions : Mac Pro 5,1

Once done, shutdown the computer, remove the USB flashdrive, power up the PC and boot on the SSD.

Motherboard
Asus P9X79 Pro-2104
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
2x GTX 680
tried this guide with Apple Store downloaded OS X 10.8.4 and as expected, everything works fine.

RIP

Motherboard
iMac
CPU
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
edmoncu... using the same mobo, what did you set for your sound after 10.8.4???

Motherboard
ga-x79-up4
CPU
Graphics
gt640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Is your system stable? I've had a lot of freezes with the ga-x79-up4 and the 3930k.
I'm almost ready to buy an asus motherboard, but if yours is stable there may be hope for me yet.

What ram are you using? I'm using the corsair vengeance that most seem to use around here.
I'm using a GT640, so my settings will be very similar to you.

I'm sure mine is a hardware issue, as I also get BSOD in windows too. But trying to figure out if it's a ram/mobo problem or a PSU problem is doing my head in.

Seen a few ga-x79-up4 posts on here, but quite a few seem to have freezing issues, so it'd be nice to see a stable rig.

RIP

Motherboard
iMac
CPU
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My system is stable EXCEPT for sound... well, actually, I can't seem to keep a youtube video playing in Safari (with no audio of course). Chrome allows videos to play and iTunes won't advance a song... so I'm thinking that it is an AUDIO issue. the ALC 892 plays fine in Win7. I did have sound showing in System Preferences, but after trying a few kexts, I've lost it again...

Tell me what is wrong:

1. Deleted S\L\E\HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Installed HDAEnabler892.kext
3. installed AppleHDA.kext via MultiBeast 5.3.1

No sound...

put back S\L\E\HDAEnabler1.kext
deleted S\L\E\HDAEnabler892.kext

still no sound...

HELP!!!

Motherboard
Asus P9X79 Pro-2104
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
2x GTX 680
@RIP: unfortunately, i am using a USB Speaker c/o Logitech. I never tried dealing with the onboard sound yet.

@StephenJames: yup, never ever had any crashes nor kernel panics at all. I switched from Asus P9X79 Pro which was not very cooperative and unstable. But that was when 10.8.1 was the latest. I never went back to Asus.

I am using 8 pcs of 8gb G.Skill DDR3 Ares 1600 (one pair in CL10, the rest are CL9). Yup, i am ever using 3x vanilla GTX 680 GPUs in SLI. On my Asus, this was said to be the possible cause of OS X instability.

So far, my system is watercooled (CPU and GPUs), so maybe it could be a cooling issue?

Motherboard
Asus P9X79 Pro-2104
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
2x GTX 680
@RIP: i have seen a thread that allowed this mobo's onboard audio to have sound under OSX. Will research that one.

Motherboard
ga-x79-up4
CPU
Graphics
gt640
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@edmoncu I'm starting to suspect my PSU at this stage, as I usually have one freeze/crash within the first 15-20mins of my first boot for the day, and then after a couple of kernel panics and reboots, and then it'll work for the rest of the day completely solid, with no freezing. So it must be something working better when it warms up. I've never had a problem with overheating (with noctua NH-D14)

A friend told me that a complete freeze (without kernel panic) can often mean the cpu voltage dropped, even for a split second.
I'm using an old thermaltake toughpower 750w, which is 8 years old, so maybe I'll try either a nice corsair or seasonic in it's place.

Your guide isn't too different from what I've done, except for the UseKextCache=yes & -f with the bootflags, and IOACHIBlockStorageInjector & Use KernalCache in multibeast. I don't really know what those extra ones do, but I'll try them when I do a fresh install again.

I think I need to double check all my voltage settings in my bios too. I'm a real newb with all that and overclocking settings.

But it is nice to see that both you and @RIP have stable builds. I haven't bothered with trying to find a solution for the sound as I use an external firewire audio interface with Pro Tools.

RIP

Motherboard
iMac
CPU
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@RIP: unfortunately, i am using a USB Speaker c/o Logitech. I never tried dealing with the onboard sound yet.
Yup... for some strange reason, I plugged in USB speakers and it works! I'm good for now until we get a Multibeast for OSX Mavericks :D!!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
CPU
3930k @ 4.2GHz
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB x2 SLI
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
3 Way SLI 680's… what a beastly machine man. What size of PSU are you using for that? I am waiting for my new power supply to get here tomorrow and I am going to start my build with the same mobo and processor, and then a 770. I wanted to ask about your audio issue. I have been reading about this build recently and apparently a lot of people just follow the build for the GA-X79-UD5 and have had good results. Have you taken a look at this build by chance? http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...ram-5-x-512gb-ssds-audio-sleep-working-2.html

I was just curious if you think following the same steps that he did for the audio would get yours working to?

Thanks for the time you put into this guide by the way, I really appreciate it, and i'm sure many other people do as well.