Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Motherboard
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)
CPU
3.39 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000, 512 MB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you very much for your work on the Brix! I now have my 4200 as a perfect Hackintosh.
Thanks!
Nicolas

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Alienware Aurora R7
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
1x HDMI and 1x DP.

I updated the plist, and used iMac 16,2
It gets to the Apple loading screen and then just black screen. Safe boot seems to work.
I'm having the same model as yours Brix i7-5775R, I can get the miniDisplay port to output 3440x1440p in Windows, but I can't get it with Hackintosh, Did you eventually get it to display 4k ? if yes, would you mind share what you have done to fix it ? thank you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Brix GB-BRi7H-8550
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
HD620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hey guys, first of all thanks for all the great work to make hackintoshing as easy as possible for noobs like me! I'm in IT since 25 years and using Macs since 5 years only, but I've already learned a lot ... although not enough yet it seems ... Anyways, given the soldered-or-glued-in-everything approach of Apple nowadays, Hackintoshing seems the only way forward.

Ok, now I'm looking for help with this cute litlle GB-BRi7H-8550 because wifi simply won't turn on. I've got 3 pcs of the BCM94360CS2 and none could be turned on. It also doesn't work in Windows with the Bootcamp drivers (it seems it can be turned on but doesn't find any SSIDs)

Bluetooth is working fine all the time though. Wifi never did whatever I tried.

The only true root cause I can imagine right now is that the adapter isn't working. I bought it from Aliexpress:
And this is how the card looks like: (antennas had been attached of course)

View attachment 397454

There are lots of coredumps from the broadcom driver in Konsole. I'm also attaching one of them.

When the BRIX is booted I can see that the wifi is turning on briefly for 1 or 2 seconds and then it shuts off.

i followed this guide ([Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R))

Currently graphics are not accelerated and sound also isn't working with this config but I had these working fine already. The performance of this little box is incredible BTW, just the fan is a little annoying. I hope the fan can be controlled using iStat menu once the sensors are functional...

So what do you think about the wifi issue?

Attachments