Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

Nice to talk to you again. After installed and used OS X on my brix pro 4570R for a while, I wondered that if that is possible to fixed the audio to use both output and input(iphone headset)?

I saw you said there's a problem with your brix audio since the hardware failed, is it possible to patch and test the kext using my brix?

Output (to headphones/speakers) should work. Don't know about input. Did you test your audio on Windows?

Output (to headphones/speakers) should work. Don't know about input. Did you test your audio on Windows?

Yeah, output is working.

I didn't try the audio on Windows since no windows is installed. I'll try install windows and to test the audio today.

Okay. It seems like it doesn't have any input audio by default as I didn't see any input device on Ubuntu and Windows 10 after I connected my mic to it.

Okay. It seems like it doesn't have any input audio by default as I didn't see any input device on Ubuntu and Windows 10 after I connected my mic to it.

That's what I thought.

Maybe some sort of USB mic could be used instead.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to RehabMan for putting this together. I just updated my GB-BXi3H-4010U from 10.10 to 10.11.4 straight from the App Store installer. I was more nervous about the .4 than the Yosemite to El Cap transition.

This Brix was my very first Hackintosh, and it's served as ye olde "Clover Waystation" for my others:
- Latitude E6530 i7 2.6 GHz 16GB 10.11.3
- i5 4690 UD3H 16GB 10.11.4
- i7 4790K UD3H 32GB 10.11.3 4x1TB SSD Dual boot with 980ti Liquid

I wasn't getting QE/CI after the update on my Brix, went digging here and there--Actual problem: Mounted wrong EFI partition and put the DSDT/SSDTs in there. So thought I was using the right ones... wasn't. :oops:

Thank you for giving me the (over)confidence to continue with my builds. The Brix can be a finnicky unit; in hindsight I'm glad it was my first. And can't beat two SATA ports in this form factor!

Hello,
I've installed 10.11.4 El Capitan on BRIX PRO 4770R i7 following the advice in this thread. On this occasion thanks for this thread and I hope it will continue.
Generally it works well: networking, HDMI and headphone sound. I have not tried optical output and 5.1 sound.
A first problem would be unable to play DVD movies.
DVD media does not mount the DVD drive crashes, can not eject, operating system hangs and the only solution is the power button shutdown.
Although I tried editing the file: com.apple.Boot.plist in / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration / so:

<? Xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<! DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "- // // DTD Apple plist 1.0 // EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<Plist version = "1.0">
<Dict>
<Key> Kernel Flags </ key>
<String> kext-dev-mode = 1 nv_disable= 1 dart = 0 </ string>
</ Dict>
</ Plist>

And any other combination:
<String> kext-dev-mode = 1 dart = 0 </ string>
Or:
<String> kext-dev-mode = 1</ string>

The only win as the possibility of mounting and CD playback,but DVD behave as explained above.
I would be grateful for any advice in this regard.

Another problem is a lack of synchronization of the image accompanied by an unpleasant sound to any restart and shutdown.

And at login the welcome sound. Would be awesome.
Thank you.
All the best.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    27.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IORegistry.ioreg
    19.2 MB · Views: 135
  • kextstat Output.txt
    878 bytes · Views: 149
  • kextcache.txt
    850 bytes · Views: 171
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 105
A first problem would be unable to play DVD movies.
DVD media does not mount the DVD drive crashes, can not eject, operating system hangs and the only solution is the power button shutdown.

I have no DVD drive to test with (I assume you're using USB). Probably something to do with not supporting protected playback (same with iTunes movies with DRM).

Did you try VLC?

Note: nv_disable=1 is already present in the config.plist. Does your BRIX have Nvidia (Optimus)?
Another problem is a lack of synchronization of the image accompanied by an unpleasant sound to any restart and shutdown.

Sorry... you lost me there. What exactly do you mean?

And at login the welcome sound. Would be awesome.

Not going to happen.

I didn't look at your ioreg as it is too large (likely not IORegistryExplorer v2.1, not ZIP).

Note: This guide uses OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi not OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi.

Is there any beginner tutorial? Start to finish tutorial? Because i still don't get most of the part.

Is there any beginner tutorial? Start to finish tutorial? Because i still don't get most of the part.

Follow post #1 as written. It is not difficult. Everything is spelled out quite clearly.

If you have a specific question, ask.

HI RehabMan

Great guide that almost anyone can follow (seems I am the exception)

Hoping you can help me. I am a little stuck.

I get stuck booting to the installation.
Model Brix : GB-BXi3H-4010
Clover Version used :Clover_v2.3k_r3320-UEFI.pkg

These are the kexts I am using (In the "other" folder) I have deleted all numbered folders.
kexts.PNGThese are the uefi drivers I have
drivers.PNG
View attachment config.plist (This is the config.plist I am using)
IMG_1870.JPG
And this is the screen I get when I try to boot to the OSX El Capitan Install.

Not sure where I am going wrong.
I have changed these bios settings
- CFG Lock: Disabled (Advanced->CPU Configuratioin)
- Secure Boot Control: Disabled (Security)

I think I follow the USB creating correctly

The only thing I can think of is the config.plist is wrong.

When I try to download it, it only comes up as text so i just copy and pasted it into the original config.plist file and saved it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back