Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that and it would still hang but I did this from an earlier post you made:
The process went like this:
- boot Windows installer USB
- at first screen press Shift+F10 to get command prompt
- type: diskpart
- type: list disk (to you're certain on the disk you're working with, in my case confirms disk 0)
- type: select disk 0
- type: clean (don't blame me if you don't know what this does :)
- type: convert gpt
- type: create partition efi size=200
- type: format quick fs=fat32 label="EFI"
- type: create partition msr size=128
- type: exit

And it didn't hang but still wouldn't boot, showed no uefi boot option just windows boot manger then I disabled all the boot options and now oddly it boots clover. I think I broke it somehow.

I did that and it would still hang but I did this from an earlier post you made:
The process went like this:
- boot Windows installer USB
- at first screen press Shift+F10 to get command prompt
- type: diskpart
- type: list disk (to you're certain on the disk you're working with, in my case confirms disk 0)
- type: select disk 0
- type: clean (don't blame me if you don't know what this does :)
- type: convert gpt
- type: create partition efi size=200
- type: format quick fs=fat32 label="EFI"
- type: create partition msr size=128

And it didn't hang but still wouldn't boot, showed no uefi boot option just windows boot manger then I disabled all the boot options and now oddly it boots clover. I think I broke it somehow.

No. Do initial partitioning in Disk Utility. Leave free space or an HFS+ placeholder for Windows. Format that partition in the Windows installer.

Today I erase the drive again and partitioned it with disk utility and everything is working for that project, just need to get clover to boot my work red hat thumb drive.

Thanks for the help

Hi Rehabman,

I just got my Brix Pro i5 4570R yesterday. The installation does not go through smoothly as the memory reallocate problem with using OsxAptioFixDrv.

I downloaded the newest version of El Capitan from MAS, and using the config.plist provided post#1, the installation finally finished successfully. However, I cannot boot into system after that. Using -v in Clover shows the messages ".......Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" and "......FakeSMC triggered rebuild".
Tried using NullPowerManagement.kext, showing "NullCPUPowerManagement triggered rebuild" instead of FakeSMC.
IMG_2027.jpg

The clover used to boot is attached.
View attachment Clover.zip

Hi Rehabman,

I just got my Brix Pro i5 4570R yesterday. The installation does not go through smoothly as the memory reallocate problem with using OsxAptioFixDrv.

I downloaded the newest version of El Capitan from MAS, and using the config.plist provided post#1, the installation finally finished successfully. However, I cannot boot into system after that. Using -v in Clover shows the messages ".......Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" and "......FakeSMC triggered rebuild".
Tried using NullPowerManagement.kext, showing "NullCPUPowerManagement triggered rebuild" instead of FakeSMC.
View attachment 180630

The clover used to boot is attached.
View attachment 180628

Looks like a graphics related problem. Check BIOS settings.

Boot without intel injection (it is available in Clover options, or set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false).

Make sure you have a digital connection to your monitor (must be digital).

Looks like a graphics related problem. Check BIOS settings.

Boot without intel injection (it is available in Clover options, or set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false).

Make sure you have a digital connection to your monitor (must be digital).

BIOS is set as post#1 said, two option are disabled. I tried to disable the injection. It doesn't work for me.

After these attempts, I tried to install on another HDD. It can boot in to the system. But if I change to install on the SSD which is on mSATA port, the problem shows again, and I got one time boot into the set up session with an error dialog showing to ask for username and password for permission to repair Library things. Really strange.

BIOS is set as post#1 said, two option are disabled. I tried to disable the injection. It doesn't work for me.

After these attempts, I tried to install on another HDD. It can boot in to the system. But if I change to install on the SSD which is on mSATA port, the problem shows again, and I got one time boot into the set up session with an error dialog showing to ask for username and password for permission to repair Library things. Really strange.

Sounds like your SSD has an issue...

Sounds like your SSD has an issue...

Yeah, I thought so this morning.

So I replaced the SSD in the BRIX with the mSATA SSD from my ALIENWARE which has already installed os x. Booted into system successfully.

The interesting thing is I put the "bad SSD" I thought into ALIENWARE. It cannot boot into system at the first time. But it works after I reinstall os x on ALIENWARE. After place the SSD back to BRIX, everything works fine now.

So I think the problem may be caused by mSATA controller of BRIX PRO which made the system unable to be installed completely.

Yeah, I thought so this morning.

So I replaced the SSD in the BRIX with the mSATA SSD from my ALIENWARE which has already installed os x. Booted into system successfully.

The interesting thing is I put the "bad SSD" I thought into ALIENWARE. It cannot boot into system at the first time. But it works after I reinstall os x on ALIENWARE. After place the SSD back to BRIX, everything works fine now.

So I think the problem may be caused by mSATA controller of BRIX PRO which made the system unable to be installed completely.

No problem with the Samsung EVO mSATA in my BRIX...

Hello, i need some help please...

I have bxi5h-4200 and i'm trying to install El Capitan. It's my first time of hackintosh a pc. So i'm really confused(kext file etc)... :banghead: I've tried past couple of days but always stuck in the clover bootloader. It only shows me "boot from windows" and other clover settings stuff. No El Capitan boot...

Can someone please give me some step by step guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back