Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX-s using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200)

Note: Moved guide post #1 from Yosemite guides section.

Post 10.10 questions to the Yosemite guides thread.
Post 10.11 questions here.

Thanks RehabMan for this great guide!
Actually, it gave me a straight forward path to get El Capitan on my "old" Intel NUC D34010WYK. :) Undusting the puppy, and (almost) everything works! Including HDMI audio, but with one exception: Headphone port is in not working state: visible in System Information, IOreg give it properly on PCI0@0/HDEF@1B according to your config.plist, but no Headphone output device in Preferences/Sound. Toleda's patch didn't help either.

Not willing to ask you for help on this one: it's not a BRIX.
My point is to mention for the readers: this method is quite flexible (fakePCIID kexts help). Thanks again.

Thanks RehabMan for this great guide!
Actually, it gave me a straight forward path to get El Capitan on my "old" Intel NUC D34010WYK. :) Undusting the puppy, and (almost) everything works! Including HDMI audio, but with one exception: Headphone port is in not working state: visible in System Information, IOreg give it properly on PCI0@0/HDEF@1B according to your config.plist, but no Headphone output device in Preferences/Sound. Toleda's patch didn't help either.

Not willing to ask you for help on this one: it's not a BRIX.
My point is to mention for the readers: this method is quite flexible (fakePCIID kexts help). Thanks again.

It may be your audio codec is different than the ALC269 used by the BRIX.

But yes, this config.plist/SSDT-HACK.aml method is quite flexible and for simple computers like the BRIX quite applicable to computers with similar hardware.

It may be your audio codec is different than the ALC269 used by the BRIX.

But yes, this config.plist/SSDT-HACK.aml method is quite flexible and for simple computers like the BRIX quite applicable to computers with similar hardware.
Damn! Of course!
I knew your ALC269 patches weren't appropriate for my D34010WYK but... I never removed your dedicated patch entries, until now... :banghead: Why? Err... I wonder.
Applying Toledo's audio_CloverALC for ALC283, no Kext injection. Reboot.
Done! Audio for headphones plug works like a charm.
Thank you, RehabMan!

I just bought the Gigabyte BRIX 4770r so you have no idea how happy I am to see this guide :)

I might have a few questions over the next week or so.

Actually quick question, if I want to dual boot Win 7 from a different SSD, would you recommend removing it while installing El Capitan?

Audio: Headphones may be only single channel. I'm not really certain, as with my unit, audio failed not long after I received it (tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10). At the beginning there was only one channel (OS X, Windows not tested at that point), but eventually it failed completely. Whether the single channel audio problem is software or was a sign that the device was starting to fail, I don't really know..

Single Channel audio is due to lack of EAPD Support. Audio is fine for a while (two channels) and then when there is no sound for a while you can hear a "click" and then audio is messed up : the two channel are mixed on both sides. A Sleep/Wake cycle repair this ... for a while !

I tried to add EAPD on verbs, it is not enough. Then I tried CodecCommander and it seems to work.
But like you I don't use audio jack on my NUC (not BRIX ...), i prefer HDMI output ...

Headphone & Microphone are working with my own files for AppleHDA, if you or @YRousse want to give try

Single Channel audio is due to lack of EAPD Support.

Well, in my case it was the audio chip on my unit is just broken.

Audio is fine for a while (two channels) and then when there is no sound for a while you can hear a "click" and then audio is messed up : the two channel are mixed on both sides. A Sleep/Wake cycle repair this ... for a while !

I tried to add EAPD on verbs, it is not enough. Then I tried CodecCommander and it seems to work.
But like you I don't use audio jack on my NUC (not BRIX ...), i prefer HDMI output ...

I can certainly change the script to install CodecCommander: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

It is already downloaded... but not installed. Reports were that it worked without on the BRIX.

Headphone & Microphone are working with my own files for AppleHDA, if you or @YRousse want to give try

I assume your comments do not relate to BRIX...

Please, let's keep this thread on-topic.

I assume your comments do not relate to BRIX...

Actually it does: several BRIX use an ALC283 but not yours, so you're right let's keep the topic on tracks.

I didn't notice you were also on the CodecCommander project ... Thanks for that one ! ;)

Actually it does: several BRIX use an ALC283 but not yours, so you're right let's keep the topic on tracks.

I'm aware of that...

This guide is specifically for the "BRIXs" which always has ALC269.

I'm not surprised that ALC283 requires CodecCommander.kext. I have ALC283 on my u430 and use my CodecCommander there too.

I didn't notice you were also on the CodecCommander project ... Thanks for that one ! ;)

Yeah... I did a bit of work there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back