Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200/GB-BXi5-4570R/GB-BXi7-4770R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be awesome. I have been trying to get the Brix i7-5775R up and running as a Mac mini alternative. I don't want to hijack this thread, but any pointers on what files need to be updated would be helpful. At this point, I see kernel panics.

In another thread, you mentioned that USB would need to be changed but that is easy. Again, I have been scouring this forum, but could not find any reference to what needs to be done. I see a Kernel Panic on USB, so I assume that's the part that I am missing.

Also, the i7-5775R is now on sale between $200-$250 making it a very good deal for hackintosh.

The Broadwell support is already in SSDT-IGPU.dsl.
USB port mapping might need changes.
But other than that, it will probably mostly work.
Try and report back.

This would be awesome. I have been trying to get the Brix i7-5775R up and running as a Mac mini alternative. I don't want to hijack this thread, but any pointers on what files need to be updated would be helpful. At this point, I see kernel panics.

In another thread, you mentioned that USB would need to be changed but that is easy. Again, I have been scouring this forum, but could not find any reference to what needs to be done. I see a Kernel Panic on USB, so I assume that's the part that I am missing.

Also, the i7-5775R is now on sale between $200-$250 making it a very good deal for hackintosh.
Did you ever get your Brix i7-5775R working right?

Did you ever get your Brix i7-5775R working right?

You should try it.
There were recent changes for Broadwell BRIX in the project, but it is in need of someone willing to follow through.

You should try it.
There were recent changes for Broadwell BRIX in the project, but it is in need of someone willing to follow through.
Mine works. However, when I wake it from sleep, it always goes to the boot screen asking for my password. WIFI and Bluetooth work fine.

when I wake it from sleep, it always goes to the boot screen asking for my password.

Check your settings in SysPrefs->Security & Privacy->General, "Require password".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back