Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX-s using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually not having success with the upgrade. When booting to "OS X Install,", the startup progress bar crawls forward a bit (maybe 1%-ish) and then the screen does this.

I'm satisfied with Yosemite for now, but if you have any suggestions or pointers, I'd be glad to take them.

For the record, I've:
  • upgraded to Clover v3277,
  • moved the contents of EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 (just one file – realtekALC.kext) to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other,
  • removed all version-specific directories from EFI/Clover/kexts,
  • run the scripts from your github repo, and
  • updated SSDT-HACK.aml.

This guide does not use realtekALC.kext.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Okay, just kidding – in light of your comment, I removed realtekALC.kext, and then realized I hadn't put any of the essential kexts (the ones installed into /S/L/E by ./install_downloads.sh) into EFI/Clover/kexts. Once I copied all those kexts onto the EFI partition, the update worked like a charm.

Rebooted into 10.11 and re-ran ./install_downloads.sh (to replace BcrmPatchRAM.kext with BcrmPatchRAM2.kext), only to discover that neither wired Ethernet or audio are working anymore. It seems to have to do with an error I saw crop up repeatedly in the output of /install_downloads.sh,

Code:
Untrusted kexts are not allowed.

and which, after a little googling, appears to maybe be related to issues with System Integrity Protection? Of course, since the sands seem to keep shifting under our feet, I'll leave the diagnosis to you.

The exact transcript from running ./install_downloads.sh is as follows:

Code:
liberte:brix.git rlue$ ./install_downloads.sh
This script requires superuser access...
Installing kexts...
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-1001/Release/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-1001/Release/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-CodecCommander-2015-0522/Release/CodecCommander.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-0703/Release/FakePCIID.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-0703/Release/FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-0703/Release/FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-0703/Release/FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/FakeSMC.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2015-0504/HWMonitor.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-0526/Release/RealtekRTL8111.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
installing AppleHDA_ALC269.kext to /System/Library/Extensions
Untrusted kexts are not allowed
RealtekRTL8111.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakeSMC.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
FakePCIID.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
CodecCommander.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
AppleHDA_ALC269.kext has invalid signature; omitting.
Installing tools...
installing RehabMan-MaciASL-2015-0107/MaciASL.app to /Applications
installing RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107/patchmatic to /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/patchmatic: Operation not permitted
tag: The file “patchmatic” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
installing iasl/iasl to /usr/bin
cp: /usr/bin/iasl: Operation not permitted
tag: The file “iasl” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

Thoughts?

Code:
Untrusted kexts are not allowed.
Thoughts?

Problem is you neglected to update your config.plist.

Well, shut my mouth! I did in fact neglect to update config.plist. All's well now; thanks again, RehabMan.

Well, shut my mouth! I did in fact neglect to update config.plist. All's well now; thanks again, RehabMan.

Super!

I just pushed an update to the BRIX repo that uses a simplified SSDT-HACK by using new features in Clover.

All injections for audio, graphics, HDMI-audio, USB are done in config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.
And all renames are done in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches.
I suspect the config.plist, when paired with SSDT-HACK can now be used during installation.

This update requires Clover v3279+ (v3280 currently available).

Hello,

I'm still fairly new to this community, and I greatly appreciate all the information posted here. I own a GB-BXi7H-4500 and have followed generic guides earlier this year that led me to manageable results, but this guide has given me the best setup, hands down. Graphics have absolutely no errors whatsoever (though I need to try to patch the HDMI to output to 1440p), performance is rock solid, but the sound does not work. Specifically, I get 'no output devices found' in the preference pane.

I feel like I've followed the guide to every step, even running the following commands for good measure:
Code:
make AppleHDA_ALC269.kext
make install_hda

I've read that ALC269 has several variations, though I'm not sure if they'd greatly vary between similar models of desktop kits. Is there something I overlooked? If there's something else I should include in my post, I'd be happy to oblige!

Attachments

• hackmini-ioreg.ioreg
    8.2 MB · Views: 344
  • patchmatic.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 270
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Hello,

I'm still fairly new to this community, and I greatly appreciate all the information posted here. I own a GB-BXi7H-4500 and have followed generic guides earlier this year that led me to manageable results, but this guide has given me the best setup, hands down. Graphics have absolutely no errors whatsoever (though I need to try to patch the HDMI to output to 1440p), performance is rock solid, but the sound does not work. Specifically, I get 'no output devices found' in the preference pane.

I feel like I've followed the guide to every step, even running the following commands for good measure:
Code:
make AppleHDA_ALC269.kext
make install_hda

I've read that ALC269 has several variations, though I'm not sure if they'd greatly vary between similar models of desktop kits. Is there something I overlooked? If there's something else I should include in my post, I'd be happy to oblige!

You did not follow the guide properly.

Your config.plist is not the one from the repo (you're still using config_install.plist).
Your ACPI/patched lacks SSDT-HACK.aml.
You also have no SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.
Macmini6,2 is wrong.

You should also undo whatever you mean by "patch the HDMI".

Don't forget to replace the WiFi/BT with compatible hardware (BCM94352HMB).

Follow the guide exactly as written. No less, no more.

Please note future discussion for 10.11 should happen at the 10.11 guide (linked by post #1).

This thread should be used only if you're running 10.10.

You did not follow the guide properly.

Your config.plist is not the one from the repo (you're still using config_install.plist).
Your ACPI/patched lacks SSDT-HACK.aml.
You also have no SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh.
Macmini6,2 is wrong.

You should also undo whatever you mean by "patch the HDMI".

Don't forget to replace the WiFi/BT with compatible hardware (BCM94352HMB).

Follow the guide exactly as written. No less, no more.

You're right! I failed to mention that after installing Clover on the HDD, it would boot fine but no operating systems were listed to boot from. I panicked and copied over the USB Clover config over the HDD one and thus, losing those changes. I redid the steps you listed and it worked!!

Sorry for being so quick to ask for help on an easy oversight, I just got paranoid that I'd have to redo the entire process all over again as I've done many many times trying to get this right.

Thank you for this guide and the quick response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back