Contribute
Register

[Guide] Gigabyte BRIX-s using Clover UEFI (GB-BXi5H-4200)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What version of OS X? What hardware?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Note: If you don't have exactly the same hardware, you can't follow the guide blindly.

GB-BXi5-4570r

Understood was curious how much I could use the answer is Obvious. ssdtPRGen.sh fails to support 4570R also.I expected the outcome, I was just plain nosy. The rest is FYI I'll look through brik.git and see what might be of use. The oddity of USB seemed to be strange working prior on install config.plist to no USB.

jhawk

GB-BXi5-4570r

Understood was curious how much I could use the answer is Obvious. ssdtPRGen.sh fails to support 4570R also.I expected the outcome, I was just plain nosy. The rest is FYI I'll look through brik.git and see what might be of use. The oddity of USB seemed to be strange working prior on install config.plist to no USB.

jhawk

I think your audio is different. You have ALC283 (going from memory), mine is ALC269. You'll need to make the appropriate adjustments.

Make sure you created USB EFI/Clover correctly (eg. no GenericUSBXHCI.kext... just guessing).

You'll probably be able to use SSDT-HACK.aml unmodified, but could not be sure without looking at your native files.

Should be easy enough to update the data files for ssdtPRgen.sh to accomodate your CPU. Look up specs on ark.intel.

RehabMan,

GB-BXi5-4570R

Has the same audio ALC269 Revision 0x203 , Headphones work, however, no hdmi is available as is input unavailable caveats no internal or external input device attached currently. I used the audio patch for DSDT the HDMI patch had zero changes. Am I missing something here. Assumption on my part that all patches are in patches. Secondly should I use iaoe and usb patches?

Ref: Above failure might of been an issue of 10.10.3 rather than 10.10.4
FYI: The ssdtPRGen i had found for "M" processor also fails to have info on 4570R

jhawk

Attachments

• Audio-screen-grab.tiff
    105.4 KB · Views: 155
RehabMan,

GB-BXi5-4570R

Has the same audio ALC269 Revision 0x203 , Headphones work, however, no hdmi is available as is input unavailable caveats no internal or external input device attached currently.

Interesting. I was thinking the Pro had ALC283. That makes it easy for you...

My BRIX has no input, just headphone (speaker) output.

I used the audio patch for DSDT the HDMI patch had zero changes. Am I missing something here. Assumption on my part that all patches are in patches. Secondly should I use iaoe and usb patches?

I'm not using any of the DSDT patching in the repo. Look at what happens with 'make install' carefully. Only SSDT-HACK.aml is used. Look at config.plist.

Use of the techniques in SSDT-HACK.aml require review of native ACPI files.

FYI: Generally HDMI audio patches are done to one of the SSDTs. But as I stated, not using any patches.

Ref: Above failure might of been an issue of 10.10.3 rather than 10.10.4
FYI: The ssdtPRGen i had found for "M" processor also fails to have info on 4570R

Add the information for your CPU.

Jhawk - I have the same unit. Let me know how this progresses if you wouldn't mind.

Cheers and TIA,

Sarge999

Jhawk - I used the config.plist, SSDT and kext from post 66 (and later) in this thread and got audio working for HDMI today. It got rid of some static and snow I was getting on boot as well. I haven't checked out the dp or earphones jacks yet but hope to get around to it soon.

Jhawk - I used the config.plist, SSDT and kext from post 66 (and later) in this thread and got audio working for HDMI today. It got rid of some static and snow I was getting on boot as well. I haven't checked out the dp or earphones jacks yet but hope to get around to it soon.

On my BRIX model, HDMI-audio works without normally required framebuffer patch, so I didn't include it.

My AppleHDA_ALC269.kext injector is based on the AppleHDA in that post.

I'm adding a dw1560 wifi/bt card next week and a msata ssd. I'll probably just try start anew and use your guide here to see if I get anywhere. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

I have a Brix Pro running 4770R with the Iris Graphics. I'm using Chameleon and it runs super solid and stable with all video and audio working including Wifi. Clover EFI is great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back