Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Brix BKi3HA-7100 - Install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @the_gael, hope you're fine.

I just noticed that my Brix BKi3HA-7100's front AUX port does not work correctly.
If I plug speakers' audio jack in, a strong noise — and nothing else — can be heard. Like a white noise, at high volume. I noticed this issue in a first instance, but I thought it was due to my speakers cable. Unfortuately, after testing it elsewhere, I found that the cable works perfectly.

So I tried — for the first time since the first installation last December — to use headphones.
None of them can be detected by Brix. Actually if I check in System Preferences -> Sound, I see the external headphones listed and selected, but the audio keeps playing from my HDMI-connected dispaly's internal speakers. If I mute or exclude or disconnect the monitor, nothing changes: headphones are like muted. I'm pretty sure it is not due to a wrong configuration in System Preferences -> Sound, I didn't touch any setting there before; I'm afraid it depends on the kext I installed.

Do you have any similar issue? Have you ever tried with headphones?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
@Css13 Yes all is well thanks.
I did not experience that, I tested with earphones if I remember correctly.Unfortunately I can no longer test as I was persuaded to sell my Brix to someone.

@Css13 Yes all is well thanks.
I did not experience that, I tested with earphones if I remember correctly.Unfortunately I can no longer test as I was persuaded to sell my Brix to someone.
Got it. Thank you anyway!

Hello @the_gael, hope you're fine.

I just noticed that my Brix BKi3HA-7100's front AUX port does not work correctly.
If I plug speakers' audio jack in, a strong noise — and nothing else — can be heard. Like a white noise, at high volume. I noticed this issue in a first instance, but I thought it was due to my speakers cable. Unfortuately, after testing it elsewhere, I found that the cable works perfectly.

So I tried — for the first time since the first installation last December — to use headphones.
None of them can be detected by Brix. Actually if I check in System Preferences -> Sound, I see the external headphones listed and selected, but the audio keeps playing from my HDMI-connected dispaly's internal speakers. If I mute or exclude or disconnect the monitor, nothing changes: headphones are like muted. I'm pretty sure it is not due to a wrong configuration in System Preferences -> Sound, I didn't touch any setting there before; I'm afraid it depends on the kext I installed.

Do you have any similar issue? Have you ever tried with headphones?

Thanks a lot.

After some investigation, I've been able to fix this issue.
Starting from @the_gael's attached config:

- I updated Lilu kext to 1.3.4 (installed both in /System/Library and in CLOVER/kexts)
- I updated AppleALC to 1.3.5 (installed both in /System/Library and in CLOVER/kexts)
- I changed the entry for <key>Inject</key> under <key>Audio</key> to 27 in my config.plist file.

Now my front AUX port works like a charm. No white noise, headphones working, speakers working. Devices detected in System Preferences -> Sound.

Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Hello everybody,
after a long experiment I finally successfully installed my Hacky with BigSur. Unfortunately the Bluetooth module doesn't work yet and the USB 3.1 front connectors too. Is there anyone here, who can help me with the configuration? I have used OpenCore as the Boot Loader. I attach the EFI folder in the attachment.

Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back