Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Brix BKi3HA-7100 - Install Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RehabMan I found Sleepwatcher and have downloaded and installed it - the next step is beyond my scripting knowledge, that is to write a shell script that Sleepwatcher will execute to unmount USB HDD's on sleep - in fact preferably only those USB HDD's that are on RP01@1C - are you aware of a script that does this or could be modified to do this?

There is a guide for using sleepwatcher for unmount/re-mount USBs across sleep/wake somewhere here. You can probably find it with search.

Are you using the "RTC Fix" patch? (see ProBook github, config_master.plist). It might help.

I created an install USB with Unibeast using standard settings for UEFI boot > Format USB Stick to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) using GUID Partition Map and named USB > Selected UEFI Boot Mode > Do not select any of the Graphics injection options > Create the Install Stick. After Install I went to the newly created EFI partition and edited the config.plist to replace iMac14,2 with iMac18,1 which is the closest real Mac to the hardware in the Brix - it uses Intel Graphics

Hello @the_gael, thank you once more.

Following your suggestions I've been able to install macOS Mojave on my GB-BKi3HA-7100, dual boot with Windows 10 on separate drives. The steps / configurations that worked for me are:

BIOS:
1. Load optimised defaults.
2. Enabled CSM Support.
3. Disabled VT-d.

I didn't need to set the storage to Legacy.

Install:
1. Formatted the macOS install USB to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with GUID Partition Map (I was missing this setting the first time I tried).
2. Used UniBeast with default settings (UEFI) and no graphic options.
3. Created the Windows 10 USB using Rufus with Windows 10 official ISO and MBR as partition type.
4. I installed Windows 10 first on SSD (M.2), then I installed macOS on SSD (S-ATA). Then I set macOS SSD (S-ATA) with Clover as first boot option.
5. Using Multibeast as post-installation tool I had no success. I am sure to have checked the right options but it didn't work for me. So I manually updated my config.plist to replace iMac14,2 with iMac18,1 as you suggested, then I installed the kexts I needed to make the hardware work.

So far I have:
- Working ethernet and USB ports.
- Working graphics with Intel 620, but in 1440p instead of 4K. I have a LG 4K monitor — working smoothly elsewhere — connected using HDMI 2.0.
- Partially working audio. It works via HDMI only (and in rare occasions). My front AUX in port does not work at all with headphones or speakers.
- Not working Wi-Fi / bluetooth. I'm aware that Intel Wi-Fi chips can't work on a hackintosh.

Did you have the same problem I had with Multibeast?
Could you help me to troubleshoot my audio / video problems if you had similar issues, please?

I don't know if copy-pasting your config.plist would work in my configuration. If yes, do I need to install the additional kexts you used too? The only difference, as far as I can see reading the thread, is the Wi-Fi chip you replaced. I don't need it to be working since I'm using ethernet-only.

Thank you very much, I've been able to install a(n almost) perfect hackintosh on my Brix with your help!

So far I have:
Did you create an SSDT to enable ports to work correctly?

- Working graphics with Intel 620, but in 1440p instead of 4K. I have a LG 4K monitor — working smoothly elsewhere — connected using HDMI 2.0.
Experiment with Monitor settings - also try Displayport if available.

Partially working audio. It works via HDMI only (and in rare occasions). My front AUX in port does not work at all with headphones or speakers.
- Not working Wi-Fi / bluetooth. I'm aware that Intel Wi-Fi chips can't work on a hackintosh.
My Audio works correctly I used AppleALC.kext and set Audio ID to 13 in config.plist. When I plug headphones into the front port it detects them instantly and they work fine. I have also used FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext in order to address a small issue with Audio needing the HDMI source switched and switched back again after sleep.

Did you have the same problem I had with Multibeast?
Could you help me to troubleshoot my audio / video problems if you had similar issues, please?

I did not use Multibeast - I did it manually.

I don't know if copy-pasting your config.plist would work in my configuration. If yes, do I need to install the additional kexts you used too? The only difference, as far as I can see reading the thread, is the Wi-Fi chip you replaced. I don't need it to be working since I'm using ethernet-only.

Thank you very much, I've been able to install a(n almost) perfect hackintosh on my Brix with your help!

I will attach the files necessary to replicate my build (with my personal SMBIOS data removed) so you will need to setup your own to use Messages, FaceTime, etc..
I will not add the kexts I use for my Wifi/BT as it is not applicable to your build.

I will also attach the SSDT's to go in EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ these are the required SSDT's to match the ACPI patches in my config.plist and the SSDT-UIAC to fix some USB issues like external disks not showing up as external.

The USBXHC_RP01_PXSX.kext was written by Rehabman and I modified the ports to match the BRIX's Front USB ports - this will also enable external disks to appear as external on these ports. There is still an issue with USB HDD's attached to the front ports not un-mounting correctly on sleep - I use Sleepwatcher to resolve that [Guide] Fix issue of "Disk not ejected properly". As this USBXHC_RP01_PXSX.kext is specific to this BRIX it is different to versions of it you may see elsewhere.

The kexts are all latest versions - I use Kext Updater to keep my kexts up to date. I am also on the latest release of Clover.

Let me know how you get on

Attachments

• SSDTs.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 75
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 141
  • kexts.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
There is a guide for using sleepwatcher for unmount/re-mount USBs across sleep/wake somewhere here. You can probably find it with search.

Are you using the "RTC Fix" patch? (see ProBook github, config_master.plist). It might help.
Yes, I am using the RTC Fix in ACPI Patches.

I have found the Sleepwatcher guide you referred to and have now implemented Sleepwatcher using the GitHub installer from @syscl and following his guide - [Guide] Fix issue of "Disk not ejected properly"

Last edited:
@RehabMan the BRIX is fully functional now as far as I can see. Sleepwatcher and the script to unmount all disks at sleep ia working well. I will test the BRIX in daily use in case any so far un-identified issues crop up and then it should be ready to add to your repository I hope.

So far I have:
@Css13 If you connect a USB HDD to either of the Front USB ports do you get a "Disk not ejected properly" message when the BRIX wakes up from sleep. If you do not have this issue could you please post your config.plist

@RehabMan I have found no further issues while testing on the BRIX, all known issues are resolved or workaround applied (Sleepwatcher). I have tested two variations of the config.plist and I can't see any difference in testing using either method 1) With ig-platform-id added in Devices/Properties and 2) with it set in Devices/AddProperties. I remember reading that you suggested it was better to add using Devices/AddProperties. See attached screenshot showing one method active and the other disabled.
My question is whether you still recommend that or if it is preferable to use that method for conforming with other build scripts you use?

I am attaching latest PR files - please let me know if there is anything else you would need to add a build script for this BRIX to your repository?

Attachments

• debug_8745.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 09.17.31.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-14 at 09.17.31.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 55
@RehabMan I have found no further issues while testing on the BRIX, all known issues are resolved or workaround applied (Sleepwatcher). I have tested two variations of the config.plist and I can't see any difference in testing using either method 1) With ig-platform-id added in Devices/Properties and 2) with it set in Devices/AddProperties. I remember reading that you suggested it was better to add using Devices/AddProperties. See attached screenshot showing one method active and the other disabled.
My question is whether you still recommend that or if it is preferable to use that method for conforming with other build scripts you use?

I am attaching latest PR files - please let me know if there is anything else you would need to add a build script for this BRIX to your repository?

Devices/AddProperties, Devices/Arbitrary, and Devices/Properties can essentially be used to do the same thing.
Lately, I use Devices/Properties.

@RehabMan that is also what I have settled on. Is there anything else I can do to allow you to add this Brix to your build repository. I would expect that this build would work for the various processors within this generation. Let me know what you think. DM me or reply here - am happy to do more work if it's something I can do.

Last edited:

@Css13 when you have some time can you let me know whether or not you experienced the issue with the Front USB ejecting improperly on sleep.

Also if you apply the kexts, ssdt's and config.plist as I supplied I believe your audio issues will disappear.

anyway let me know - thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back