1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Lisa
  2. SE
  3. XL
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Prior to the actual Mac OS X Mavericks install, I upgraded the motherboard to F5 BIOS and changed BIOS the settings to: optimized defaults, VT-d disabled [1’] (may not be necessary)

Installing Mavericks on an Gigabyte 9-series H97-D3H motherboard [30+ minutes]
1. Created USB installer (8GB) with UniBeast 4.0.2, under 10.9.4, options: Mavericks / Desktop [20’ depends on how fast your USB key is, can be one hour!]
2. Added tools to USB stick: [5’]
a. MultiBeast 6.4.1​
b. Kext Utility
c. AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext patched for Intel Graphics HD4600 (available here:​
3. Booted on USB Installer with –x –v (safe boot, verbose) options [5’]
4. Use Utilities > Disk Utility to format hard disk (GUID partition scheme, HFS+ formatted). I created two partitions:
a. A 50 GB “Safe Harbor” partition which I will use to store a safe stable install
b. The rest of the disk as my main working partition [2’]​
5. Installed Mavericks on the main partition of the newly formatted hard disk [20’]
6. Restarted the computer
a. pressed F12 to enter BIOS boot menu to boot from the USB installer again => enter the boot loader) [1’]​
b. In the boot loader, select newly installed disk and boot with -V -X options => completed boot in OS X account creation screens. [3’]
c. Created main administrator account (US location / English main language – at least through the whole installation process / French keyboard / no AppleID / Don’t register) [2’]​
7. Got in the Finder! Seen as MacPro 3,1 3.4 GHz, Ethernet working, Intel HD Graphics 4600 recognized, Audio: Intel High Definition Audio only recognized but no sound In/Out (except through Airplay) [3’]
8. Post install steps [5’]

a. Opened MultiBeast 6.4.1. Based on the “DSDT Free” set, I only selected drivers for Audio: ALC1150 Audio + Intel 9 motherboard support, and for LAN: AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0. See attached settings
b. Installed and “OKed” to the few system warnings regarding modified kext [5’ be patient].
c. Ran Kext Utility and let it rebuild permissions and system cache, then dragged AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext on the Kext Utility window and let it complete the install.​

9. Rebooted –V => SUCCESS [3’]
a. Note that this first boot is a bit long, be patient
b. Audio working (headphone port OK HDMI audio needs additional tweaks).
c. Ran benchmark to confirm OpenGL and full CPU acceleration working: OK.
d. AppStore software update, iTunes and iMessage working with no additional changes. I later had to add FileNVRAM.dylib to keep iMessage working.​

10. Used Carbon Copy Cloner and clone this clean install on my “Safe Harbor” partition.

Additional notes
- I enabled Airdrop over Ethernet with the following command:​
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

- I didn’t notice any difference between using the MacPro3,1 and the iMac14,1 system definitions. I used Chameleon Wizard to fine tune the system definition as it is more complete than MultiBeast. Yet, after this iMessage was reporting the common login error and I had to install FileNVRAM.dylib

- While networking was in appearance working fine, I noticed slowness when reading a movie from my AppleTV and Console was recording a continuous flow of “e1000_tx_map: failed to getphysicalsegment” errors. I had to replace MultiBeast’s built-in AppleIntelE1000e v3.1.0 driver with one where the NETIF_F_TSO key is set to false in the driver’s info.plist (it should be the case as these driver does not support TCP Segment Offloading – it would be nice though…). It seems that the developers of the driver know about the issue and it should get fixed.
I am attaching an edited copy to this post.​

Attachments

• Multibeast H97-D3H Final.mb
    5 KB · Views: 2,077
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext <key>NETIF_F_TSO false.zip
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,129
Welcome to the early adopters' club. Good guide. :thumbup:

Prior to the actual Mac OS X Mavericks install, I upgraded the motherboard to F5 BIOS and changed BIOS the settings to: optimized defaults, VT-d disabled [1’] (may not be necessary)

Installing Mavericks on an Gigabyte 9-series H97-D3H motherboard [30+ minutes]...

Hi MacVideoPro!, good job!. I have the same MB but i have a problem, after the spinning wheel is comming like a "noise screen" per 5 sec. and after i can see the normal user screen. Do you know why?. Also i have installed the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

Thanks

Damian

I don't understand, I have these right components, mother board GA-H97-D3H and intel core i5-4460, followed the main guide of Unibeast, followed Clover guide and finally followed this guide but I keep don't be able to get into the installer, with Unibeast I keep getting stuck on [IOBluetoohHCIController][start] -- completed and after few minutes computer turns off... Here the screenshot:
Copia di IMG_1198.jpg
I searched and tried everything I found it gave me a little chance to go on. I'm really upset because I bought this hardware right to build a hackintosh. Is there anybody who can tell me something obvious I don't see? If I cannot install it I'm afraid I have to try to return the components but I don't know if amazon can accept them back...

EDIT: the solution was that easy that I did not think about that. I had a VGA monitor that I then found out that it was not supported by OS X. Thank you anyway guys!

I don't understand, I have these right components, mother board GA-H97-D3H and intel core i5-4460, followed the main guide of Unibeast, followed Clover guide and finally followed this guide but I keep don't be able to get into the installer, with Unibeast I keep getting stuck on [IOBluetoohHCIController][start] -- completed and after few minutes computer turns off... Here the screenshot:
View attachment 105968
I searched and tried everything I found it gave me a little chance to go on. I'm really upset because I bought this hardware right to build a hackintosh. Is there anybody who can tell me something obvious I don't see? If I cannot install it I'm afraid I have to try to return the components but I don't know if amazon can accept them back...

EDIT: the solution was that easy that I did not think about that. I had a VGA monitor that I then found out that it was not supported by OS X. Thank you anyway guys!

I love u man ....

hello I'm new for hackintosh.
H97-D3H
INTEL I-5 4460
there is same with you.

I was tried to follow your step to installed.
but i need to write -v -f GraphicsEnbler=Yes PCIRootUID=1to enter system.
after enter system i used multbeast to installed driver, it dose show "install succeeded" at final.
but the driver dose not work..., could you help me???

because of i use 10.9.2???

hello I'm new for hackintosh.
H97-D3H
INTEL 4660
there is same with you...
You have a typo for your processor - should it be an i5-4460? If so, please edit your post.

yes , it is i5-4460
any suggest ?? I tried a lot of time , really need help:crazy:

Could the configuration be valid with a Core i3 4330?
Is it valid every RAM that works with that motherboard?

I am looking for a cheap mac box with this motherboard. The point is that I can buy a i3 4330 in the second hand market.

Thank you.

question. were you able to acheive the computer to wake up from sleep? this is the issue i have run into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back