Contribute
Register

Guide: Gigabyte 9-series H97-D3H with core i5-4460 3.2 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ! i have a Z97 d3h with the same CPU. can I use this guide for instalation?. Thanks!!:D:D

Hi.I build a hackintosh machine with the same parts.I would like to ask you if usb3 ports work as usb3 and if the sound works correct 5.1?

Hello All,

my Gigabyte 9-series H97-D3H / i5-4460 3.2 GHz has now been performing flawlessly for over three years as a server loaded with 6 disks, macOS 10.12 server.

To the questions above, as a server, I have to admit that I don't care so much about sleep (it is always on or audio, bluetooth, etc.). This being said, I have built a few other systems, the latest being GA-B85M-D3H / i5-4570 and the install of High Sierra with the tools on this site (Unibeast and Multibeast) has been totally smooth with sleep and audio working well.

I also added a Geforce GTX 560 Ti card and stuggled a bit with a black screen until I found that, for High Sierra, I had to disable Metal and fall back on openGL for that generation of cards:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useMetal -boolean no
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.CoreDisplay useIOP -boolean no

B85 chipset, i5-4570, Geforce GTX 560 Ti… as you can guess, this system was built on a tight budget with second hand parts and costed less that 200 € (excluding display).

Happy hackintoshing…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back