Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Getting R9 290/390 (non-X) to work on Sierra (10.12) AND High Sierra (10.13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I’m running High Sierra and managed to get working the R9 290, what I’ve done so far is:

Didn’t used the HEX steps from the first post, I’ve just set in Clover Configurator

FB set to Radeon
Port: 4
Inject ATI
Fake ID 0x67B01002

I did the same but used Hawaii (Radeon is also working). I have a 3 monitor setup, but only DP is displaying. However screen 2 and 3 are detected in config and display setup but didn't show anything on the monitor... Any tips for triple monitor working?

Hello everyone,
so I'm running High Sierra right now and trying to get my R9 290 to work properly.
My system:
  • i5 2500K
  • Asus P8P67 Pro
  • R9 290 (Slot 2) + 8500 GT (Slot 1)

Graphics acceleration is working fine so far, I'm scoring 66fps in the Cinebench OpenGL Test (my 8500GT is reaching only 4 FPS).
The issue is that I can only choose 120Hz Refresh Rate with the Nvidia, not with the Radeon. Why is this ?

What I've done so far:
  • All the instructions from the first post
  • De-Init for the Radeon
  • Inject ATI
  • Inject Nvidia

I have also a R290 and 8800GT nividia card. I cannot boot with both cards. What kind of nvidia injection did you do? I have a 5 monitor setup but this is not working at the moment. No Igpu unfortunately.

3 monitor is working now. finally found the solution: remove driver csmvideodxe from clover driver. Works perfectly!

@abHiooooo7

I assume you have selected the InjectATI option on the Bootscreen?
If so, which version of the OS are you on? Because I can only confirm it for 10.12.6.
As I am writing this, I am running a Valley UniEngine benchmark.

In short:
- in BIOS select IGP for POST
- change HDMI cable to the IGP
- on boot screen, select in graphics section: InjectATI and the ID change to 0x67B01002 and then change frame buffer to Radeon
- start OS
- before login to OS I change my HDMI cable from IGP to the R9 390

I'm on 10.12.6 and I can see OS recognizes the GPU now but no screen on onboard HDMI. OS only recognizes from VGA output. Switching to HDMI cable before login I receive no signal output from card. Is the output now coming from DVI now? (Still waiting on DVI adapter in mail.)

Sapphire Nitro r9 390

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 2.46.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 2.46.19 PM.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 316
I'm on 10.12.6 and I can see OS recognizes the GPU now but no screen on onboard HDMI. OS only recognizes from VGA output. Switching to HDMI cable before login I receive no signal output from card. Is the output now coming from DVI now? (Still waiting on DVI adapter in mail.)

Sapphire Nitro r9 390

check my posts. will work maybe change hawaii

check my posts. will work maybe change hawaii

I changed it to Hawaii and still no full acceleration or correct RAM. Will try whatevergreen and lilu kexts.

Update.

I got the installation working with full GPU acceleration but messed up a software install getting the build together and had to reinstall. I reinstalled and redid everything but now upon OS X loading and the monitor showing that its resolution
is specced to the monitor, the computer randomly reboots without any error screen for no reason now.

Can anyone tell me whats going on?

I knew I should have cloned the disk before attempting software setup. Excitement at getting the card nullified that step.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 260
Does anyone have a similar issue when the 290 is plugged in = gioscreenlockstate? When I unplug it, I can boot with the integrated onto 10.13.3.

Update: Tested a fresh install on another HDD and SSD. Those didn't need much setup. Running on PEG with Hex edited files.The card was working as normal at 13000 Luxmark Ball. Need to find a way to do it on my working SSD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back