- Jul 30, 2011
- GA Z97X-UD3H
- i7 4790k
- R9 290X
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
Follow up since I haven't had time to mess with my home hackintosh.I would now just sum it up and say the following to get the AMD R9 390 working in High Sierra:
- do the hex editor thing in the first post
- install the newest AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in S/L/E with kext wizard
- rebuild kext cache with kext wizard
And you should be done.
I don't even have my IGP from the motherboard enabled in the bios. The HDMI cable now just connects directly from the AMD GFX card to the monitor.
Good luck to everyone.
your first post is much appreciated mate, thanks
1. Installed Lilu and Whatever kext in my clover kext other folder
2. removed intel inject from clover startup
1 didnt solve my issue, after testing bootup options in clover, I unchecked my intel inject after that my R9 dual monitors came back to life. When I get back from my trip, I'm going to test this by removing Lilu and Whatever to make sure they helped or are not needed in my case..
I bascially only need FakeSMC and the Clover Audio hack for my machine to work.. I prefer not to have a lot of stuff as Kext