Contribute
Register

[Guide] Getting Nvidia cards to work on Thinkpad P71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a P71 and will be happy to follow all instructions step by step! Thank you

Will we need a special WiFi or Ethernet card? I have the p71 with the Xeon processor

Will we need a special WiFi or Ethernet card? I have the p71 with the Xeon processor
you will need a Hackintosh compatible wifi Bluetooth card, you can replace it easily.

Will the WiFi Card work on this that's my biggest concern as I don't use blue tooth

Will the WiFi Card work on this that's my biggest concern as I don't use blue tooth
Unfortunately, no, you can check out my guide, I updated this thread.

Will USB 3.0 work on this Hackintosh?

I found a Mac compatible USB card for WiFi

NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter

Also what doesn’t work besides usb ?

Will my 4K display still work on the laptop itself?

Will USB 3.0 work on this Hackintosh?

I found a Mac compatible USB card for WiFi

NETGEAR - Nighthawk AC1900 Dual-Band WiFi USB 3.0 Adapter

Also what doesn’t work besides usb ?

Will my 4K display still work on the laptop itself?
Usb works fine.
Things don't work:
wifi bluetooth
fingerprint sensor
color calibrator

I will be doing your install tomorrow morning after I get the WiFi card. I don’t care much about Bluetooth color calibrator or finger print sensor.

I am using these 2 Hackintoshes for visualization research which includes maya film editing app development which is why I really need OS Xz you can’t develops iOS apps on windows so I figure going completely Mac opens a lot of doors for me

Can the brightness be adjusted without using the keyboard if I make the GPU my primary driver?

If I don’t make the GPU my primary driver and I use it with the laptop screen will resolve and premiere and after effects still activate the GPU ?

Steps are excellent so far thank yoU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back