Contribute
Register

[Guide] Generate SSDT For Coffee Lake CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

Has anyone already built a Hackintosh on the Asus WS C621E Sage with 2 x Xeon?
Is there a link to this subject?
I would be grateful for your help.

Hi,
I've tried all but nothing makes my i3-8100 go down 800Mhz. Or is this normal for Coffee Lake? The lowest I get from Power Gadget is 1.3 Ghz.
I have a Skylake before and my idle frequency is 800Mhz.

Unfortunately there was no follow up on this in this thread but i saw in a picture you posted in another thread that you overcame the issue with the base frequency. Can you share how you managed? I cant get my build with an i3 8100 below 1.3 Ghz so far.

Unfortunately there was no follow up on this in this thread but i saw in a picture you posted in another thread that you overcame the issue with the base frequency. Can you share how you managed? I cant get my build with an i3 8100 below 1.3 Ghz so far.

I'm not really sure what fixed it but the two major changes I made was to use iMac18,3 as my SMBIOS and made a USB.kext using the Hackintool.

I'm not really sure what fixed it but the two major changes I made was to use iMac18,3 as my SMBIOS and made a USB.kext using the Hackintool.

I can confirm that iMac18,3 in SMBIOS does the magic. I'm getting down to 0.8x compared to 1.3x with macmini8,1. However, I don't see any difference in power draw. In both cases 17W in idle so I prefer macmini8,1 as its the closest to my hardware, thus not getting the annoying graphic artifacts i need to deal with on Mac18,3.

I can confirm that iMac18,3 in SMBIOS does the magic. I'm getting down to 0.8x compared to 1.3x with macmini8,1. However, I don't see any difference in power draw. In both cases 17W in idle so I prefer macmini8,1 as its the closest to my hardware, thus not getting the annoying graphic artifacts i need to deal with on Mac18,3.

I'm using iMac18,3 as I have a dGPU and set my iGPU to headless. If you don't have a dGPU then you should use iMac18,1.

Hi. I'm using iMacPro1,1 smbios with my vega 64 and i7 8700K (not overclocked). I'm using this smbios since I was having issues with imac19,1 and igpu. I use config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true. Do I need to use CPUfriend to load coffeelake power management rather than the imacpro1,1 smbios xeon cpu power management?

Hi, My laptop has Intel Xenon E2286M CPU. Does this guide work for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back