Contribute
Register

[Guide] Generate SSDT For Coffee Lake CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im facing different temps (windows 78º/ mac 88º) with my hack overclocked.
Is this related to power management?
thanks in advance

I have the same/similar issue(s) with sleep/restart/shutdown (and strangely even closing SysPrefs->Startup Disk after changing the startup disk) on my CoffeeLake NUC8.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this year, I'd generated a ssdt.aml for my i7-3770k, following the guide, for High Sierra and power management worked.
CPU @ 1.6 at idle and stepped up to 4.6 at load.

I upgraded to Mojave earlier this week and copied the existing ssdt.aml file to the /clover/acpi/patched folder.
My CPU is @ 3.5 all the time. I generated a new ssdt.aml in Mojave, CPU still at constant 3.5.

Is there something I need to tweak in config.plist or additional files I need to copy to \clover or \EFI?

Any help appreciated.

Earlier this year, I'd generated a ssdt.aml for my i7-3770k, following the guide, for High Sierra and power management worked.
CPU @ 1.6 at idle and stepped up to 4.6 at load.

I upgraded to Mojave earlier this week and copied the existing ssdt.aml file to the /clover/acpi/patched folder.
My CPU is @ 3.5 all the time. I generated a new ssdt.aml in Mojave, CPU still at constant 3.5.

Is there something I need to tweak in config.plist or additional files I need to copy to \clover or \EFI?

Any help appreciated.

Maybe something you intalled is causing CPU usage when you don't expect it?
Did you check that?

Maybe something you intalled is causing CPU usage when you don't expect it?
Did you check that?

I just checked the activity monitor and my CPU is 97%+ idle. I'd encountered the same x35 situation prior to using ssdtPRGen to generate the ssdt.aml file in 10.13.

Is there something other options on my config.plist that I should enable/disable, in addition to the custom ssdt, to get my CPU power mgmt back to "normal"?

Thanks!

I just checked the activity monitor and my CPU is 97%+ idle. I'd encountered the same x35 situation prior to using ssdtPRGen to generate the ssdt.aml file in 10.13.

Is there something other options on my config.plist that I should enable/disable, in addition to the custom ssdt, to get my CPU power mgmt back to "normal"?

Thanks!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Debug zipfile attached.

Thanks.

No need for ssdt.aml in ACPI/patched; remove.

DropTables setttings are wrong.
Remove CpuPm entry in config.plist/ACPI/DropTables.
Remove Cpu0Ist entry in config.plist/ACPI/DropTables.

And why are you posting to a thread for "Coffee Lake"? The hardware represented in this ioreg appears to be Ivy Bridge.

To enable XCPM on Ivy Bridge, set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=true.

Hello @RehabMan, thanks for your contributions here! I am having trouble getting C states / turbo boost to work with the i9 9900k in Mojave. I have tried PluginType=True and KernelXCPM with no luck. According to HWMonitor the cpu never reaches above base clock setting in BIOS. I am not showing CPU0 at all in ioreg either.

I am on 10.14.1 w/ iMac18,3

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.38.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.38.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 10.41.05 AM.png

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: gen_debug output added as attachment

Attachments

• gen_debug_6745.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 177
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.