Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

@sumit007 Your config.plist is using Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) to specify the framebuffer patching. You shouldn't be specifying any Intel Injection, VRAM, ig-platform-id in Graphics.

Also, you've spelled "decive-id" wrong in your Devices>Properties>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). You probably don't need to specify device-id, since it should be automatically detected by macOS. However, if you want to specify device-id, correct the spelling.

One other thing... if your device-id really is 0x3e9b which corresponds to 8th Gen Intel / UHD630, SMBIOS MacModel iMac14,2 as you have configured is incorrect.

Last edited:
@deeveedee I have tried what you said. but still getting the error. I have attached the EPI and error screenshot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 144
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-07-22 at 10.36.56 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-22 at 10.36.56 AM.jpeg
    109.6 KB · Views: 72
@deeveedee I have tried what you said. but still getting the error. I have attached the EPI and error screenshot.
hardware profile still not complete....

best you also read up on:

Hi @CaseySJ , I'm trying to patch the UHD630 on i7-10870h for my ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15, which has two screens (main screen is OLED 4k, secondary screen is 3084x1100 LCD, both are touchscreens). However, I can only get one of the screen work at a time. I've tried 0900A53E, 00009B3E, and 07009B3E.

Could you instruct me how do I make both of the screens work on the same time? Below are some of the test I have done with these framebuffers.

For the main screen only setup: (secondary screen, 3840x1100 LCD, cannot be detected. The secondary screen functions are a trackpad which has the cursor and tap to click function only. (multi touch gestures including scroll not work.))
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.44.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.45.48 AM.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the secondary screen only setup: (main screen, 4k OLED, is detected but is black. The OLED functions as a trackpad which actually mirrors the position of the secondary screen with its touch functionalities. (multi touch gestures works.))
Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.48.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.49.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 5.55.28 AM.png

For the secondary screen, although both screens are detected, only the secondary screen is working, which is the one at bus-id 0x06 in both tests above.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 12.17.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 12.21.12 AM.png

Last edited:
I actually figured this out myself. I am able to get both screens work.

Last edited:
Could Someone please help me? I unfortunately didn't check and bought the Red Dragon Powercolor RX 570, it has one Display Port One HDMI and One DVI. Everytime im getting this checkerboard diagonal glitch and it freezes, if I have a video or audio playing it still plays, the mouse moves but doesnt do nothing... Please if someone could check my config and ioreg id be very grateful. Thanks!

Attachments

• IOREG.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 57
  • config.plist
    11.7 KB · Views: 69
Could Someone please help me? I unfortunately didn't check and bought the Red Dragon Powercolor RX 570, it has one Display Port One HDMI and One DVI. Everytime im getting this checkerboard diagonal glitch and it freezes, if I have a video or audio playing it still plays, the mouse moves but doesnt do nothing... Please if someone could check my config and ioreg id be very grateful. Thanks!
may be worth adding in your properties as per:

may be worth adding in your properties as per:
Thanks my friend! Im trying but actually i dont know what are the properties to add... Ive tried some things and it is a little more stable but when I stress the video the it glitch freezes....

Back