Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

You're welcome. I wish I could spare you the agony of framebuffer patching, but I can't. Just be patient. The OC Guide seems to have some good information. You may need DeviceProperties framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem as they suggest. Only add these properties after testing without them (and finding that your rig doesn't work without them). Good luck. Can't wait to hear about your success.
Thank you for encourage me. Finally I solved my problem. This is how I do that:
1. add boot arg lilucpu=8
2. then change to platform-id: 00001619 and device-id: 16190000

Thank you for encourage me. Finally I solved my problem. This is how I do that:
1. add boot arg lilucpu=8
2. then change to platform-id: 00001619 and device-id: 16190000
Wooo hooo! That's awesome. You might want to add a comment here, too.

EDIT: @Tezi - Did you mean platform-id: 00001659 and device-id: 16590000?

Last edited:
deleted

Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm having an issue patching an Asus H310T coupled with Intel Core i3 8100 UHD 630.
This motherboard has 2 video ports: 1 HDMi and 1 DP.
I use Catalina 10.15.7 with OpenCore 0.64, SMBIOS MacMini8,1, AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07009B3E

DP though has a pink/violet tint no matter what. I tried different Indexes but no difference. Some Indexes show black screens as expected.
The port is mapped as Type 00040000 (DP), see Config image, but mapped as 00080000 (HDMI) doesn't change anything.

One thing though. I'm using a HDMI to DP cable as this particular monitor I'm using now only has HDMI ports. I used two different cables with different HDMI to DP adapters but the issue is the same.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks a lot.
It would help if you post your sanitized OC EFI (remove PlatformInfo->Generic MLB, SystemSerial, SystemUUID). Also could you clarify your adapter configuration: are you saying that you have two HDMI monitors and one HDMI and one DP port on your motherboard, so one monitor is connected to the motherboard HDMI port via HDMI/HDMI cable and one monitor is connected to the motherboard DP port via DP / HDMI (adapter) cable. Correct?

EDIT: @zzmadd - since you are using the alldata format in your config.plist, please post an IORegistryExplorer 2.1 dump so we can easily read your DeviceProperties. I would suggest not using alldata format until you know everything is working. Makes it too difficult for others to read/help. In fact, I'd recommend just not using it.

EDIT2: @zzmadd - Did you read this?

Last edited:
N
Wooo hooo! That's awesome. You might want to add a comment here, too.

EDIT: @Tezi - Did you mean platform-id: 00001659 and device-id: 16590000?
No, it’s exactly 16190000. I use device spoof of Skylake not Kabylake, i dont know why it worked. Addition, i do not really need boot arg “lilucpu=8”, but with it i have 2048 MB Vram.

No, it’s exactly 16190000. I use device spoof of Skylake not Kabylake, i dont know why it worked. Addition, i do not really need boot arg “lilucpu=8”, but with it i have 2048 MB Vram.
Very interesting! That is some fine detective work! Nice job.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone, but I couldn't get this guide to work for me, just too complicated. But I found an EFI folder for OpenCore on GitHub that I copy and pasted over to my installer, and viola! I got my iGPU working.

My motherboard I was using was my GigaByte Z390 UH with a 9700K CPU. The Z90 UH is a barebones full ATX MB. But it has very few ports on it, but just enough for my needs. But it only has 1 X HDMI and it just kept going blank.

Anyway, here ius a screenshot of it.
Here's a copy for OC 0.5.8 said:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
BwCbPg==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
kj4AAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
<data>
BAAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>
AAgAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
<data>
AACQAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
<data>
AQAAAA==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
<data>
AAAwAQ==
</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>
AAAAwA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Hopefully I got it right and it is worthwhile for someone.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.10.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 1.10.58 AM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 76
I don't know if this is useful to anyone, but I couldn't get this guide to work for me, just too complicated. But I found an EFI folder for OpenCore on GitHub that I copy and pasted over to my installer, and viola! I got my iGPU working.

My motherboard I was using was my GigaByte Z390 UH with a 9700K CPU. The Z90 UH is a barebones full ATX MB. But it has very few ports on it, but just enough for my needs. But it only has 1 X HDMI and it just kept going blank.

Anyway, here ius a screenshot of it.

Hopefully I got it right and it is worthwhile for someone.

With the exception of framebuffer-unifiedmem, your posted properties appear to be identical to the properties under 'Spoiler: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Elite and Coffee Lake CPU' in Post #1 of this thread. You might find that you actually don't need framebuffer-stolenmem, framebuffer-unifiedmem and framebuffer-fbmem.

I suspect it's only "too complicated" because you're just learning. Be patient and this stuff will become less complicated.

I'm having an issue with an Asus Prime H310I + i3 8100 that I'm running with the UHD 630 iGPU.
Basically in Catalina hardware acceleration works great both with H264 and H265. In Big Sur it only works with H264. HVEC/H265 hardware acceleration fails.
See attached image with DeviceProperties.
device-id is 0x3E91, I also tried 0x3E9B without success.
SMBIOS is Macmini8,1
Any idea how to get it back working?
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 22.53.38.JPG
    Screenshot 2021-01-20 at 22.53.38.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 46
I'm having an issue with an Asus Prime H310I + i3 8100 that I'm running with the UHD 630 iGPU.
Basically in Catalina hardware acceleration works great both with H264 and H265. In Big Sur it only works with H264. HVEC/H265 hardware acceleration fails.
See attached image with DeviceProperties.
device-id is 0x3E91, I also tried 0x3E9B without success.
SMBIOS is Macmini8,1
Any idea how to get it back working?
Thanks a lot.
I think you'd get more constructive responses if you shared your sanitized EFI.

Back