Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Anyone had any success with Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra and Coffee Lake CPU?

Guide says: "Your computer must be booted up with proper graphics Device ID and Platform ID values." but I have no idea which ones are the correct ones. Getting a black screen after the Apple logo.

Hi everyone,

This may be a stupid question but can Hackingtool be used to patch the correct connectors for a PCIE GPU - in my case an HD7770 (Sapphire Ghz Edition)? If so how is this done, if not are there any tools out there that could help me?

Long story: The HD7770 is picked up by my system and reported correctly (verified by accessing the machine via screen sharing) but only outputs a black screen - the attached HDMI display is even detected correctly but no picture... I feel like it could work but I'm struggling to get there on my own.

Hi everyone,

This may be a stupid question but can Hackingtool be used to patch the correct connectors for a PCIE GPU - in my case an HD7770 (Sapphire Ghz Edition)? If so how is this done, if not are there any tools out there that could help me?

Long story: The HD7770 is picked up by my system and reported correctly (verified by accessing the machine via screen sharing) but only outputs a black screen - the attached HDMI display is even detected correctly but no picture... I feel like it could work but I'm struggling to get there on my own.

If you know what the device and vendor id is, then you can specify it in the DeviceProperties of your config.plist. Hackintool, like ioreg, will just tell you the PCI id.

If you know what the device and vendor id is, then you can specify it in the DeviceProperties of your config.plist. Hackintool, like ioreg, will just tell you the PCI id.
Actually, the device ID is reported correctly by OSX already. But I'd like to know how do I patch the connectors with hackintool? When I open hackintool, how can I get the connector info for the GPU ports?

Actually, the device ID is reported correctly by OSX already. But I'd like to know how do I patch the connectors with hackintool? When I open hackintool, how can I get the connector info for the GPU ports?

Go to Patch>Connectors. If you have only one monitor working, you will see that is is colored with red. Then you unplug and plug the monitor into another port and another index will be colored with red. That's how you check them. But, if only one port works like my PC, you will not get info for the other ports, and I cant help you. (I am waiting someone to help me also.). Also check what platform id is best for your gpu.

@CaseySJ,

Hi, Thanks for your posting.

I installed Mac OS 10.15 with your help for a year ago successfully, and now I installed fresh Mac OS 10.15.7 but without correct Graphics settings.
Can you fix my clover config, please?

Well patching the connectors can be a trial and error game. I sometimes had no red-line coming up sometimes all were red.
Make sure, you have another computer ready, to undo your changes, if you end up with a screenlock. From there on, you go step by step forward and patch one connector after the other. Hackintool is great, but I would advise you put your plist-changes into your config.plist with a different editor. This way you can tell easier, what you change, and what not.
In the end I used Opencore Configurator as it comes with the basic boilerplates for framebuffer-patching. Only use, if you use Opencore - this will break your clover-configuration if you use clover for sure.

AppleIntel Framebuffer crashes shortly after opening the Finder screen, when using the AORUS Z390 Master HDMI patch from the compilation.
What could be the problem?
My second GPU is a Radeon 64 LC.

To hard to tell...
What OS are you using? And does this also happen, if you remove the external graphics-card?
I am using Big Sur 11.0.1.
I don't want to remove the Vega card. But I think, that it can be disabled by OpenCore.
I will try that.

Back