Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

So I tried some more stuff today, couple of things I tried:
Added igfxonln=1
Made some changes to hybrinateMode (set to zero)
Made some changes to other sleep functions
was trying different busIds (sadly only busId 2 worked for HDMI all others didn't even output)
Logged everything (did some lilu+WEG debugging but nothing that was interesting in the output)
Changed some bios parameters (made some changes on vram, nothing)

So all that didn't work so here is my log file + config.plist + ACPI files
I'm still using CLOVER (r5122) in my rig, so I'm probably not going to be much more help for you. My only other suggestions are:
  1. Have you tried adding the CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag to your framebuffer-conX-flags as @yrambler2001 describes here? (change flags from 0x03c7 to 0x03cf)
  2. Did you try boot-arg igfxagdc=0 as described here?
  3. Are you sure you need DeviceProperty framebuffer-unifiedmem
  4. I experienced a similar "black screen" problem when I had my CLOVER config.plist GUI configured for a screen resolution that did not match my actual screen resolution. Does OC have an analogous GUI resolution setting?

Last edited:
I'm still using CLOVER (r5122) in my rig, so I'm probably not going to be much more help for you. My only other suggestions are:
  1. Have you tried adding the CNConnectorAlwaysConnected flag to your framebuffer-conX-flags as @yrambler2001 describes here? (change flags from 0x03c7 to 0x03cf)
  2. Did you try boot-arg igfxagdc=0 as described here?
  3. Are you sure you need DeviceProperty framebuffer-unifiedmem
  4. I experienced a similar "black screen" problem when I had my CLOVER config.plist GUI configured for a screen resolution that did not match my actual screen resolution. Does OC have an analogous GUI resolution setting?
Let's see:
1. Haven't tried that will do tonight and see that does a change
2. I didn't but in the post you gave me earlier, it said it was more for stability, but ill try as well cant hurt really.
3. not really, I added that flag as a try as well, increased my igpu mem from default 15xx to 2048 to see if that would make a change, but nope...
4. Not that I know of, I think opencore reads out at the beginning possible resolutions and picks the best one. In my case it grabs 1080 on both screens and they work perfectly until one of them turns off just at login and then I have to just hotplug it to make it work. It's as if it doesnt give the signal to wake up the hdmi port after it loses its signal.

Another funny thing is that if I leave it turned off the screen will come on in a couple of seconds but completly distorted (the other screen turns off) all I have to do is turn the monitor off and on and both screens will function. This tells me that a bad signal is being send to the hdmi port. I wonder if this is an OpenCore issue, wonder if it would work on Clover (although I dont think Clover supports 10xxx cpus yet correct me if i am wrong.

Worst case ill just have to buy a RX560 that is fully supported by mac.

Let's see:
2. I didn't but in the post you gave me earlier, it said it was more for stability, but ill try as well cant hurt really.

igfxagdc=0 boot-arg is required on my HackMini8,1 for multiple displays. Without it, I am only able to use a single display. The affect and required use varies by platform. It's equivalent to the AGDP disable patch mentioned by @shuhung here.

Let's see:
1. Haven't tried that will do tonight and see that does a change
3. not really, I added that flag as a try as well, increased my igpu mem from default 15xx to 2048 to see if that would make a change, but nope...
4. Not that I know of, I think opencore reads out at the beginning possible resolutions and picks the best one. In my case it grabs 1080 on both screens and they work perfectly until one of them turns off just at login and then I have to just hotplug it to make it work. It's as if it doesnt give the signal to wake up the hdmi port after it loses its signal.

Another funny thing is that if I leave it turned off the screen will come on in a couple of seconds but completly distorted (the other screen turns off) all I have to do is turn the monitor off and on and both screens will function. This tells me that a bad signal is being send to the hdmi port. I wonder if this is an OpenCore issue, wonder if it would work on Clover (although I dont think Clover supports 10xxx cpus yet correct me if i am wrong.

Worst case ill just have to buy a RX560 that is fully supported by mac.
i am right here with you for the life of me i cannot get the UHD 630 to work without turning my monitors on and back off, hopefully this will get fixed soon.

i am right here with you for the life of me i cannot get the UHD 630 to work without turning my monitors on and back off, hopefully this will get fixed soon.
I was weak, i am sorry and bought a RX580 powercolor, just works out of the box... both monitors go right on at startup, hopefully the uhd630 issue gets fixed one day in WEG.... ughh

I'm on ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac + i5-8400. The DP port works out of box. I have used moe than one year. Recently, want to add another monitor using HDMI but none of the HDMI (the motherboard has DP+HDMI+HDMI) works. Followed this guide to fix the framebuffer, tried all the combination of the BusID. But none of them lit the HDMI monitor and none of the HDMI port in hackintool shows red (the DP monitor is always connected and red in hackintool). I have the experience to use hackintool to fix the USB limitation and enable Bluetooth. So should have no problem using the software. Is there anything I can do to enable HDMI?

Can i get help please? I have a PC that has Intel 530 gpu and the motherboard has 3 gpu inputs ( 2 DP and 1 VGA ). I have two monitors that have DP as input and when i input them in the gpu inputs just one of the monitors works. Now i proceeded to the next steps to determine which monitor is live and i found out that 0x05 with Index 1 is the monitor that works.. In the procedure says that you have to unplug the monitor that works and input it in the other DP input.. When i unplug the monitor and before i try to plug it in the other input the PC restarts. I dont know why.. Also if i insert one of the monitors in the second DP the monitor does not work.. And now i am stuck with just only one GPU input working.. How should i determine the second input parameters when the PC restarts.. What should i do? Please help..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 10.40.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 10.40.36 AM.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 68
I'm on ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac + i5-8400. The DP port works out of box. I have used moe than one year. Recently, want to add another monitor using HDMI but none of the HDMI (the motherboard has DP+HDMI+HDMI) works. Followed this guide to fix the framebuffer, tried all the combination of the BusID. But none of them lit the HDMI monitor and none of the HDMI port in hackintool shows red (the DP monitor is always connected and red in hackintool). I have the experience to use hackintool to fix the USB limitation and enable Bluetooth. So should have no problem using the software. Is there anything I can do to enable HDMI?
I built the same spec hackintosh and used the pre built Framebuffer in Hackintool for the Asrock H370M-ITX and worked perfectly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 23.56.08.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 23.56.08.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 76
I have a RX580 connected via HDMI on 4K HDR TV.

I have the problem where there is not signal after turning the monitor on and off again. All sleep is disabled. It has been suggested that forcing the frame buffer Orinoco will fix this. But I cannot find instructions for this. I am on opencore 0.6.3 with Big Sur.

This is what Hackintool looks like:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.50.50.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.50.50.png
    290.1 KB · Views: 62
Can i get help please? I have a PC that has Intel 530 gpu and the motherboard has 3 gpu inputs ( 2 DP and 1 VGA ). I have two monitors that have DP as input and when i input them in the gpu inputs just one of the monitors works. Now i proceeded to the next steps to determine which monitor is live and i found out that 0x05 with Index 1 is the monitor that works.. In the procedure says that you have to unplug the monitor that works and input it in the other DP input.. When i unplug the monitor and before i try to plug it in the other input the PC restarts. I dont know why.. Also if i insert one of the monitors in the second DP the monitor does not work.. And now i am stuck with just only one GPU input working.. How should i determine the second input parameters when the PC restarts.. What should i do? Please help..
anyone? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Back