Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Good to know that it behaves as expected. For me, using connector type DP when using DP->DVI adapters does not work. For you, it appears that both DP and HDMI are acceptable connector types when using DP->HDMI adapters. Thank you for checking.

EDIT: @checotrevi - I may have been too quick to respond. As I posted here, I needed to reboot a few times to fully observe the effects of my connector type change. I'm not sure about your configuration, but it would be best for you see if conn type HDMI still works after a few power cycles.
Oh I see... When you say a few times do you mean 2, 3 times? or more? I can check tomorrow.

EDIT: After posting this, I learned that F-Series CPUs do not have an iGPU. Ignore my advice in this post and see this post instead.
--------------------------------------------
my cpu i5-9400f has no integrated graphics

I don't have experience with "0-connector" UHD 630 graphics, but there are multiple threads that discuss this. I'd suggest searching for solutions that discuss implementations with Coffee Lake framebuffer patching for 0 connectors. You will most likely need your AAPL,ig-platform-id set to one of the following values (listed in this reference)

0x3E920003
0x3E910003
0x3E980003
0x9BC80003
0x9BC50003
0x9BC40003

Last edited:
I think this patch would solve my problem.
But after trying, there is no change and one interesting thing is I found the info shown in Hackintool is not changed,
is this normal? It seems that my modification has no effect...

Share with my HDMI black screen solving: I have Gigabyte Z390 UD mb and UHD 630 graphics on my i3 9100
I use Whatevergreen 1.4.2 and Lilu 1.4.7
Here my config:
Снимок экрана 2020-09-20 в 08.40.24.png

As you see my MB use 3 index and 4 idBus for HDMI out (for more info look here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...s.html#converting-a-clover-fakeid-to-opencore )
In result:
Снимок экрана 2020-09-19 в 18.04.42.png

Now thats called a proper connector patching tutorial. Very detailed explanation. It clears a lot of confusion.

<CATALINA: SUCCESS Z 390M GAMING + I5-9400 + RADEON RX560>
Thanks for your help. the dual screen issue is way easier to solve than anyone would expect. in my case, no frame buffering, no fake ID, all I needed was and Edid Script.
Once I found it, the fix took me 3 minutes!
Thanks again for your help, now dual screen both working with no black, no magenta, juast perfect!!!!!
Hi mate, I have the same problem that you with dual monitor on Catalina, can you explain your solution a little more, please?
Thanks,

I think this patch would solve my problem.
But after trying, there is no change and one interesting thing is I found the info shown in Hackintool is not changed,
is this normal? It seems that my modification has no effect...
Could it be the "Apply Current Patches" from the Patches Menu isn't checked?

can you help me with this, my new mobo is MSI Z390 Gaming Plus, my old mobi is Gigabyte Z390 UD, the old mobo work fine but it was broken by me after the heavy case kick, I replace the new mobo but cannot boot, so I borrow a hackintosh usb installer from my colleague, now I can't see the red line if I choose the right Platform ID for desktop
1602150160639.png
1602150181341.png
1602150196425.png

but with others Laptop Platform ID I can see the red line,
1602150248813.png
1602150260090.png

but when I generate the patch of this, my computer can boot but no graphics at all, only code running display

Hi! Can't solve the black screen problem with Intel 630 (connection via HDMI).
Yesterday I've updated Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts but nothing has been changed.
See attached EFI
Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 11.58.08.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 107
  • config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 79
Back