Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Good afternoon. With the attached config.plist, everything seems to work fine except that, when leaving sleep (screen or system), after being on the desktop for a few seconds the computer restarts.
I am changing to the AMD graphics for now because I want to write and post an article about Z390 Aorus Elite board with RX 580 card and macOS Catalina.
But any suggestion from you or someone else will be welcome. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• config-intel630.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 85
This guide is valid to reach 60hz with Plugable adapter DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 on 4k display, someone has the patch for Asus Maximus X Hero Z370 Coffee Lake.

Last edited:
Good afternoon. With the attached config.plist, everything seems to work fine except that, when leaving sleep (screen or system), after being on the desktop for a few seconds the computer restarts.
I am changing to the AMD graphics for now because I want to write and post an article about Z390 Aorus Elite board with RX 580 card and macOS Catalina.
But any suggestion from you or someone else will be welcome. Thanks!!!

I suspect that your remaining issues are not related to framebuffer patching and are thus off-topic in this thread. Your ACPI patching is incomplete and you probably need more CLOVER ACPI/DSDT fixes. You can look at my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini thread here and you should look for other Z390 Aorus Elite EFIs to see what you're missing.

I suspect that your remaining issues are not related to framebuffer patching and are thus off-topic in this thread...

Okey, I'll look your post and others about my mobo. Thank you for all!!!

Your device-id is 0x9BC5 (not 98C5). The appropriate framebuffer AAPL,ig-platform-id does not need to include 0x9BC5. Read this and look at this post just a couple of posts before yours.

Digging in I was able to get it working by using a DP cable since I noticed that Hackintool was showing all the connections as DP. I think I may of made some mods the the config as well (using Hackintool) but I can't remember if I ended up needing it since I pretty much gave up on HDMI (for now since it works ).

I mean, I peaced off for a week because it was working so well(lol). Anyway came back here and realized I forgot to thank you for pointing me in the right direction so I thought I'd say thanks.

Okey, I'll look your post and others about my mobo. Thank you for all!!!

I just want to complete this off-topic discussion and let you proceed with your research/questions in other threads. I did notice one other thing in your latest config.plist: I don't think you should be specifying the PluginType Number. If you're using Clover Configurator, leave the Plugin Type number blank and check only Generate Options > Plugin Type. I know this is confusing, but simply checking Plugin Type should be all that's required. You shouldn't need to select a Plugin Type number from the Plugin Type pull-down menu (leave it blank). If you're using Xcode or another plist editor, delete the line in your config.plist with the PluginType String (circled below).

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.32.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-29 at 8.30.52 AM.png

I just want to complete this off-topic discussion and let you proceed with your research/questions in other threads. I did notice one other thing in your latest config.plist: I don't think you should be specifying the PluginType Number...

After sending the config.plist file I was thinking the same thing you say about PluginType number and I removed that parameter leaving only PluginType selected without number. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad to agree with someone so expert :)

After sending the config.plist file I was thinking the same thing you say about PluginType number and I removed that parameter leaving only PluginType selected without number. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad to agree with someone so expert :)

I saw your new thread where you describe your system and I noticed an important detail: you indicate that with UHD 630 graphics, your system sleeps / wakes without issues when you connect your HDMI port to an HDMI port on your display. The "crash" occurs only when you use an HDMI->DP adapter. That was a very important detail that I did not grasp before. Did you ever mention that when you were asking for help?

Anyway, read Post #1 in this thread to learn more about adapters.

Last edited:
I saw your new thread where you describe your system and I noticed an important detail: you indicate that with UHD 630 graphics, your system sleeps / wakes without issues when you connect your HDMI port to an HDMI port on your display. The "crash" occurs only when you use an HDMI->DP adapter. That was a very important detail that I did not grasp before. Did you ever mention that when you were asking for help?...

I noticed that the sleep was working fine for HDMI a couple of days ago, when I was doing tests and, when connecting the integrated card to a TV (hdmi to hdmi), it surprisingly worked well. It was unexpected because the truth is that I had not thought about it. I had not yet commented it in this thread. Sorry. I was planning to do it after finishing the other post about the Z390 board and Catalina.

I noticed that the sleep was working fine for HDMI a couple of days ago, when I was doing tests and, when connecting the integrated card to a TV (hdmi to hdmi), it surprisingly worked well. It was unexpected because the truth is that I had not thought about it. I had not yet commented it in this thread. Sorry. I was planning to do it after finishing the other post about the Z390 board and Catalina.

I have not experimented with HDMI->DP adapters. If you look at my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini thread, you will notice that I needed to add device property "No-hda-gfx" to Device HDEF ( PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) ) because my system would crash when waking from sleep. I am using DP->DVI adapters. You can read more here about why "No-hda-gfx" is necessary. If you still want to try your HDMI->DP adapter, consider adding the "No-hda-gfx" property as I have done. After adding this property, you will no longer have sound over HDMI / DP.

Again, I have no experience with HDMI->DP adapters, but it seems like No-hda-gfx might work.

Back