Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

I don't understand... The patch is in the Hackintool screenshot in the post immediately above yours! ;)

Index 3 --> BusID = 0x04 and Type = HDMI
I tried these settings, but I was not successful

I tried these settings, but I was not successful
Are you using the special builds of Lilu and WhateverGreen located here?

Additionally, I've found that FakeSMC/EmuVariableUEFI results in various problems, so it's best to use VirtualSMC. And if you can enable native NVRAM, that's good to do anyway.

Additionally, I've found that FakeSMC/EmuVariableUEFI results in various problems, so it's best to use VirtualSMC. And if you can enable native NVRAM, that's good to do anyway.
I was using lilu and whateverGreen downloaded with Clover Configurator, gonna try this from link.

I'm using VirtualSMC downloaded with Clover Configurator too.

I'm writing from the Hackintosh now but the problem is that I have UHD 630 with 10MB and Graphics running slow.

There is something very strange, because when I use HackinTool to identify the Port and Index highlighted, I always have port 0x00 and Index 0, With the same mobo of of @tedyun

And after patch with my settings or anyone settings, Catalina doesnt boot and stuck here: image attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20200731_231533.jpg
    IMG_20200731_231533.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 46
I was using lilu and whateverGreen downloaded with Clover Configurator, gonna try this from link.

I'm using VirtualSMC downloaded with Clover Configurator too.

I'm writing from the Hackintosh now but the problem is that I have UHD 630 with 10MB and Graphics running slow.
This means the iGPU video driver is not running. Please do/answer the following:
  • Post your config.plist -- you may remove serial numbers from SMBIOS before posting.
  • Post screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Are you running Mojave or Catalina?

I'm Running Catalina.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 23.44.29.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 23.44.29.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 77
I'm Running Catalina.
I've inserted the frame buffer patch into your config.plist.
  • Copy the special builds of Lilu and WhateverGreen into CLOVER/kexts/Other (you've probably done this already)
  • Backup the existing config.plist
  • Rename the attached file to config.plist and copy to CLOVER folder
  • Reboot
  • Does the boot process stall after gIOScreenLockState or does the boot process complete successfully?

Attachments

• config-Rynborg.plist
    14.2 KB · Views: 64
If CaseySJ's doesn't work, try this EFI.

The other thing to try is SMBIOS iMac19,1 which is what I'm using. Also you have a lot of switches on and kext patches that I'm not sure are necessary.

Also, you should unlock your MSR if it's not already.

PS -- just a PSA here, but you shouldn't post your SMBIOS info. It made things easier to copy/paste your info, but it's dangerous to send it out there.

I'm Running Catalina.

Attachments

• Clover EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 135
If CaseySJ's doesn't work, try this EFI.

The other thing to try is SMBIOS iMac19,1 which is what I'm using. Also you have a lot of switches on and kext patches that I'm not sure are necessary.

Also, you should unlock your MSR if it's not already.

PS -- just a PSA here, but you shouldn't post your SMBIOS info. It made things easier to copy/paste your info, but it's dangerous to send it out there.
Thank you very much guys for helping me. I have now vídeo and audio working great. I'll keep my journey now to have everything working great, next step will be fix the fans that always oscillate between the highest speeds even at low temperatures.
Today after work, I'll reinstall everything with last Catalina 15.5.6 and try all this confs.

@Rynborg - that's great!

The Clover EFI I posted is based on @pastrychef 's amazing work. He is using the Z390M Gaming motherboard that is closely related to the Gaming X mobo we are using. In fact the framebuffer patch that I made is based on the M Gaming patch that CaseySJ posted in #1.

If you have any further questions on configuring your build, feel free to post in my build thread here. I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

Thank you very much guys for helping me. I have now vídeo and audio working great. I'll keep my journey now to have everything working great, next step will be fix the fans that always oscillate between the highest speeds even at low temperatures.
Today after work, I'll reinstall everything with last Catalina 15.5.6 and try all this confs.

Back