Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Thoroughly read the posts that he suggested and be patient with your learning. Your AAPL,ig-platform-id is invalid and your device-id is invalid.

Also, you're spoofing device-id 0x3e9b when your i3-8100 (if that's your CPU) has device-id 0x3e91/92. Have you tried device-id 0x3e92 / ig-platform-id 0x3e920000 as has been suggested before? If you haven't tried these values, change device-id to 0x923e0000 and AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e.

Read this about Reverse Byte Order to know why your values are wrong. Slow down and read.
Hello,

After many tries,
1- Without any patches (pure config.plist), I got only VGA port working with full acceleration.
2- With patch graphic with ig-platform-id (0x3E9B0007) and with device id (0x3e91) I got HDMI port working but without acceleration.
3- I tried also reverse bit device-id 0x923e0000, 0x913e0000 with ig-platform-id 0x0000923e also HDMI works and without acceleration.
4- I got my device id from windows and it is: 0x3e91.
5- any changes in connectors does not change any thing !!
6- When plug VGA it highlighted in connectors but HDMI not highlighted!
7- when HDMI works but with out acceleration some thing appear in top bar menu. (Snap shot attached).

I dont know where is the issue! and the problem with device_id and ig-platform-id or some thing else, also please if u can mention all required knexts.

Thank u for ur efforts.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 1.59.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 1.59.37 PM.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I dont know where is the issue! and the problem with device_id and ig-platform-id or some thing else, also please if u can mention all required knexts.

You are learning a lot! (probably more than you wanted to learn :) ) Please post your problem reporting files so we can see your work. At a minimum, post your EFI when asking for help. In my opinion, the best way to generate your problem reporting files is to use Black.Dragon74's gen_debug tool, since it produces the necessary files and hides your private info (e.g. it hides your serial number). It may not install for you in Catalina, so read my post here under the heading "Getting help with your hack" to get a copy of gen_debug that should work. After you run gen_debug, attach the output of gen_debug to your posts when requesting help. This is my preference - others have their own opinions about the best way to provide problem reporting files.

You are learning a lot! (probably more than you wanted to learn :) ) Please post your problem reporting files so we can see your work. At a minimum, post your EFI when asking for help. In my opinion, the best way to generate your problem reporting files is to use Black.Dragon74's gen_debug tool, since it produces the necessary files and hides your private info (e.g. it hides your serial number). It may not install for you in Catalina, so read my post here under the heading "Getting help with your hack" to get a copy of gen_debug that should work. After you run gen_debug, attach the output of gen_debug to your posts when requesting help. This is my preference - others have their own opinions about the best way to provide problem reporting files.
Here u are,
This dump with Graphic patch, and VGA port work with full acceleration but HDMI port did not work after boot
Attached

Attachments

• debug_7272.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 50
Here u are,
This dump with Graphic patch, and VGA port work with full acceleration but HDMI port did not work after boot
Attached

I reviewed your problem reporting files and have the following suggestions and questions. After you make my suggested changes, post a new set of problem reporting files with answers to the questions.

Questions
  • Why do you have AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other?
  • Your IORegistry Dump shows that all 3 of your connectors are of type HDMI (0x800). Is that correct?
  • You're using WhateverGreen.kext, so shouldn't need GFX0 and HECI renaming patches enabled in your config.plist. Did you try without renaming these devices and find that WhateverGreen did not rename them?

Suggestions
  • NoVPAJpeg.kext is deprecated. Do you need this? If so, see here for new instructions with WhateverGreen and delete NoVPAJpeg.kext.
  • I believe that your CPU power management should not need Generate C and Generate P states enabled in Clover config.plist. I think for you CPU that enabling PluginType is all you need. Disable Generate C and Generate P states and enable PluginType.
  • You are using MacMini8,1 SMBIOS MacModel, so I believe that you will need an AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch to enable multiple displays. Read this.
  • Remove the following graphics device properties: framebuffer-unifiedmem, framebuffer-stolenmem, framebuffer-fbmem
  • Change your AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e
  • Remove graphics device property AAPL,GfxYTile and AAPL,slot-name
One other thing...
  • I'm not a big fan of the "conX-alldata" graphics properties. They are a pain to debug. If possible, specify your graphics properties independently (framebuffer-con0-busid, framebuffer-con0-flags, framebuffer-con0-index, framebuffer-con0-type). Do this for each connector (con0, con1, con2) as needed. I suspect that you'll find debugging MUCH easier.

Last edited:
Here u are,
Attached

Also disable these DSDT Fixes in your Clover config.plist (unless you have a good reason for enabling these):
  • AddDTGP
  • AddHDMI
  • AddPNLF
  • FixADP1
  • FixDisplay
  • FixHDA

I reviewed your problem reporting files and have the following suggestions and questions. After you make my suggested changes, post a new set of problem reporting files with answers to the questions.

Questions
  • Why do you have AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other?
  • Your IORegistry Dump shows that all 3 of your connectors are of type HDMI (0x800). Is that correct?
  • You're using WhateverGreen.kext, so shouldn't need GFX0 and HECI renaming patches enabled in your config.plist. Did you try without renaming these devices and find that WhateverGreen did not rename them?

Suggestions
  • NoVPAJpeg.kext is deprecated. Do you need this? If so, see here for new instructions with WhateverGreen and delete NoVPAJpeg.kext.
  • I believe that your CPU power management should not need Generate C and Generate P states enabled in Clover config.plist. I think for you CPU that enabling PluginType is all you need. Disable Generate C and Generate P states and enable PluginType.
  • You are using MacMini8,1 SMBIOS MacModel, so I believe that you will need an AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch to enable multiple displays. Read this.
  • Remove the following graphics device properties: framebuffer-unifiedmem, framebuffer-stolenmem, framebuffer-fbmem
  • Change your AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e
  • Remove graphics device property AAPL,GfxYTile and AAPL,slot-name
One other thing...
  • I'm not a big fan of the "conX-alldata" graphics properties. They are a pain to debug. If possible, specify your graphics properties independently (framebuffer-con0-busid, framebuffer-con0-flags, framebuffer-con0-index, framebuffer-con0-type). Do this for each connector (con0, con1, con2) as needed. I suspect that you'll find debugging MUCH easier.
Thank you for ur effort, really appreciate.
1- I removed AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.
2- I have only 1 VGA port, 1 DVI and one HDMI (Change ports to 2 hdmi as dvi is hdmi).
3- Also tried without renaming GFX0 and HECI and remove all renaming (but I have question here, how could i know that WTG rename it ??)
4- now only PluginType is enabled.
5- for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, I replace number in knext to patch (My question any required Knext for this step??)
6- ig-platform-id changed to (0x0000923e) as mentioned.
7- All mentioned fields removed also from patch.

I have wired part in last point (conX-alldata)
I have only :

framebuffer-con0-alldata: 01051200 10000000 C7030000 02041200 00080000 C7030000 03061200 00080000 C7030000

framebuffer-con0-enable: 01000000
(EDIT)
When I generate the patch it only has (con-0) !!

Only (con0) and all other con's not mentions, Is a problem with that?

Result for all tries:
HDMI working now but without acceleration

After all thank u for ur effort u're really great.

Dump attached.

Attachments

• debug_201.zip
    3 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Hello,

I've posted a message for a help, but don't know where it is gone :(

I've got Eglobal S200 i7 8750H UHD 630 mini pc and can't get two monitors working.
I've started with Mojave and at one stage I got it working with accelerated graphics for only one monitor using DP.
Now I want to add a second monitor through HDMI. The mini PC has got only two ports: mDP and HDMI

I've tried many configs but with no success. The attached config is the latest, with 3 ports. 1st one is Dummy.
When I turn off/on the second monitor the PC crashes. When restarted both monitors are blank. But if I re-connect DP
then I get one monitor working.

I'm attaching my config.plist and ioregexplorer files and two snapshots of Hackintool.

Can someone help me how to solve this issue? BTW, under Ubuntu two monitor config works, 4k60Hz DP and 4K30Hz HDMI. And if I can gather any useful info from Linux, tell me please, I'll do.

Thanks

Attachments

• config-s200.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Mac mini.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 68
  • config-s200.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Mac mini.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 93
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.05.24.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.05.24.png
    334.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.06.53.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 17.06.53.png
    335.9 KB · Views: 66
Thank you for ur effort, really appreciate.
6- ig-platform-id changed to (0x0000923e) as mentioned.

Your ig-platform-id is wrong. Check again and fix, then post new problem reporting files.

The file "fidos_iMac.ioreg" generated by gen_debug can be viewed with the IORegistryExplorer discussed here. IORegistryExplorer shows that your IGPU@2 graphics acceleration is NOT loaded. If you look at the value of AAPL,ig-platform-id, you'll see that it is <00 00 00 92> (which you know is wrong). IORegistryExplorer is a valuable debugging tool. Something you want to learn. You can always view your current IORegistry simply by running the IORegistryExplorer app. It will load your current IORegistry for inspection.

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 9.02.45 AM.png

Your ig-platform-id is wrong. Check again and fix, then post new problem reporting files.

The file "fidos_iMac.ioreg" generated by gen_debug can be viewed with the IORegistryExplorer discussed here. IORegistryExplorer shows that your IGPU@2 graphics acceleration is NOT loaded. If you look at the value of AAPL,ig-platform-id, you'll see that it is <00 00 00 92> (which you know is wrong). IORegistryExplorer is a valuable debugging tool. Something you want to learn. You can always view your current IORegistry simply by running the IORegistryExplorer app. It will load your current IORegistry for inspection.

View attachment 479209
You told me that to (
  • Change your AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e)
I change it through clover configurator? and it is appear like u see ? any suggestion to change it different way ?

You told me that to (
  • Change your AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e)
I change it through clover configurator? and it is appear like u see ? any suggestion to change it different way ?
use xcode or plisteditpro to edit your config.plist

Back