Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

I actually did install the Clover bootloader onto both the USB and the partitioned SSD. However, despite reformatting it, the BIOS still incorrectly shows Ubuntu (which I had installed temporarily) as a boot option, which when selected leads me right back into the boot menu since it’s no longer installed. I can’t figure out how to remove it and replace it with Clover bootloader. It had worked before but stopped working after installing Mojave in place of High Sierra. Nothing I do works unfortunately.

We're a bit off topic on booting/install subjects rather than graphics. If you'd still like some help troubleshooting, you really should start a new thread in the more appropriate sub forum. We can continue this discussion there instead

my motherboard z390 Aorus pro wifi I use pre config for Aorus master and it worked without issue
my external gpu is rtx 2070
I'm using Catalina 10.15.2 and Hackintool 2.9.0
my only issue is waking from sleep screen become black with mouse arrow I can move it for 30 sec and then system freeze
if I remove my external gpu the wake\sleep working without issue

my motherboard z390 Aorus pro wifi I use pre config for Aorus master and it worked without issue
my external gpu is rtx 2070
I'm using Catalina 10.15.2 and Hackintool 2.9.0
my only issue is waking from sleep screen become black with mouse arrow I can move it for 30 sec and then system freeze
if I remove my external gpu the wake\sleep working without issue

I think the Nvidia 2070 is not supported on Catalina, you need to disable with hackintool patch

I think the Nvidia 2070 is not supported on Catalina, you need to disable with hackintool patch
I use nv_disable=1
and the issue still remain

RTX2070 is not supported on any mac's, remove it
I know and I don't need it to be work in Mac but I need it to be inserted if I boot to windows
I need a solution don't make me remove the card from my case

I know and I don't need it to be work in Mac but I need it to be inserted if I boot to windows
I need a solution don't make me remove the card from my case
then maybe something like this may help, it is for laptops but you may get some info:

That's great information!! Is this correct?
  • Clover Configurator: ACPI page: Add: Change HECI to IMEI
  • Clover Configurator: Boot page: Check-on: -disablegfxfirmware
  • Clover Configurator: Graphics: ig-platform-id:
    • SKL (Skylake 6xxx CPU) use ig-platform-id 0x193B0005
    • KBL (Kaby Lake 7xxx CPU) use ig-platform-id 0x59120000
    • CFL (Coffee Lake 8xxx and 9xxx CPU) use ig-platform-id 0x3E9B0007
  • Clover Configurator: Kernel and Kext Patches page: Add the following by clicking "+" on the bottom left:
Code:
Name: AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
Find* [HEX]: BA050000 00
Replace* [HEX]: BA000000 00
Comment: Disable AGDP to enable VGA and DVI
Disabled: NO
InfoPlistPatch: NO

Are there any downsides to disabling AGDP, such as issues with sleep, etc.?

Thanks, this totally worked for me using Port 0x2

Great guid and thank you for it, I managed to get my HackMini with the b250 motherboard from ASUS (DP and HDMI port) to use both displays (the display that is plugged in the HDMI port on the motherboard, has only a DP and DVI input so I bought an adapter, and set up the port as HDMI and it worked).

Thanks again!

hi guys, first of all: thank you for these information - it leaves me flabbergasted! But my Intel NUC DC3217IYE drives me nuts. I managed to get the second hdmi working with 10.14.6, but hdmi-audio drives me crazy. I would be so grateful for a helping hand.
TIA

Back