Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

@msh,

Yes for Haswell IGPU such as HD 4600 that is the default IGPU name .... it comes from an on-line PCI device database.

You can change it to whatever you want by editing the string value for the "model" device property in your IGPU patch.
Just make sure that the model name starts with "Intel" ... EG "Intel HD 4600"

Cheers
Jay

Thanks jay, it is working now.

Screenshot 2019-11-21 at 22.14.08.png

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Hackintool, it makes "empty patches"(see picture attached), I was trying to find the right busID/index combination to make my 2 HDMI ports working (I have 1 DP which is working and 2 HDMI port on my Asrock Fatal1ty z170 - HD 530), when I noticed whatever I was changing, it was always that empty patch as result.
I'm pretty sure it's a simple issue, but can't find the cause.

Any idea?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-11-23 à 10.57.44.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-11-23 à 10.57.44.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 79
  • config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 78
hi CaseySJ I read your well detail guide is there anyway you could help me get sound from my hdmi?Am not really interested in the onboard hdmi I see we got similar graphics card if not the same and am using the gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming wifi motherboard.
Your help Is highly appreciated

@Hex0S,

I'm not familiar with that system/model at all ... is it some sort of All-In-One (AIO)?

You say it has a AMD HD 530 dGPU ... it could be that the HDMI out port is driven by the dGPU (a common configuration in some other Lenovo systems), the only way to find out for sure is to try and find a schematic for the system .. (maybe in a service manual) the fact that the system has a HDMI in makes me suspect that this is the case.

If the HDMI Out is connected to the IGPU then it should be possible to get it working, if the HDMI Out is connected to the dGPU then your out of luck as unfortunately AMD HD 530 is not supported in MacOS.

I would try and conform which GPU the HDMI port is connected to before going any further.

Cheers
Jay
HI, Jay.
I load linux mint on this pc, connect HDMI display and use xrandr --listproviders to look at videocards on it. and, i have good news for me:
merp@merp:~$ xrandr --listproviders
Providers: number : 2
Provider 0: id: 0x64 cap: 0x9, Source Output, Sink Offload crtcs: 3 outputs: 2 associated providers: 1 name:modesetting
Provider 1: id: 0x3f cap: 0x4, Source Offload crtcs: 0 outputs: 0 associated providers: 1 name:Unknown AMD Radeon GPU @ pci:0000:01:00.0
All outputs assigned to IGPU.
problem on mac is LSPCON. whatevergreen said, that probe for it won't work.

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Hackintool, it makes "empty patches"(see picture attached), I was trying to find the right busID/index combination to make my 2 HDMI ports working (I have 1 DP which is working and 2 HDMI port on my Asrock Fatal1ty z170 - HD 530), when I noticed whatever I was changing, it was always that empty patch as result.
I'm pretty sure it's a simple issue, but can't find the cause.

Any idea?

Same issue here with the latest Build ...

I load linux mint on this pc, connect HDMI display and use xrandr --listproviders to look at videocards on it. All outputs assigned to IGPU.
problem on mac is LSPCON. whatevergreen said, that probe for it won't work.

@Hex0S,

Sorry I dont have any personal experience with LSPCON, however you might want to have a play with the Hackintool as it now supports patching the IGPU Frame Buffer for LSPCON connected displays.

Screenshot 2019-11-29 at 16.24.12.png
Perhaps @headkaze can give you some advice on what to try ....

Cheers
Jay

Solved! Was my mistake.. I don't know how to delete the comment, sorry

Last edited:
I have been reading most of the pages on this thread and tried a few methods and they all produce the same result. Black screen straight after the bios screen. I even deleted WhatEverGreen and inserted the fake id and igplatform provided in the guide.
It just feels like something is disabling the iGPU.
If I boot into windows everything works fine.
How can I enable my UHD 630? Why do all these methods fail on my motherboard?
I have a Z390 UD with just a single HDMI port. I also use a Vega 56.
Any help would be appreciated Casey

Did you find any solution?

If you have fewer than 3 video ports there are two options for disabling unused Indexes. Option 1 is to set the Index value to -1. Option 2 is to leave the Index value as-is, but set the BusID to 0x00. Based on some user feedback, Option 2 may be the one to try first. For example, if you have a single HDMI at Port 0x07 (Index 3) you could try any of the configurations in the spoiler below.
Index 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI
Index 1: BusID 0x00, Type DUMMY
Index 2: BusID 0x00, Type DUMMY
Index -1: BusID 0x00, Type DUMMY

or

or

My motherboard (Gigabyte Z390 UD) has only one HDMI port, I tried all configuration in quoted section, but when I press generate, Patch Output has nothing inside Properties:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict/>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Back