Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

I planned to buy AMD RX 5700 for both gaming and mac, but there is no confirmation of support on Catalina so I just went with Nivida for gaming, and planned to use iGPU for Mac ( I just use mac for app development, no extensive graphics needed).
That's a good card I hear. I'll have to do that myself unless I can actually disable PCIe slot so no power goes to the 2080Ti at all.

Radon 580 8 gigs red dragon Mac OS mahawi after running stop coolers when heat turn on for a few seconds and again are start help .

@DanTechMedia
How you are connected HDMI and DP for Mac and Windows?
3 monitor setup
macOS - hdmi / USB-C x2 (iGPU)
Windows - DP / HDMI / DVI (2080Ti)

I have only one monitor which have 1 DP and 1 hdmi port.
I connected iGPU (mobo) hdmi to Monitor hdmi and 2060s DP to monitor DP.

What happen when you are booting your system? Like which mode you are getting output in your monitor in BIOS, Clover, Booting Windows and Booting Mac? Manually switching to DP and hdmi or it automatically works for you?
For me I’ve been using macOS more than Windows, so I just leave it in HDMI.

My main monitor is in HDMI I’m not sure if that makes a difference or not.

When I need to use Windows, I don’t have to switch the input but I do have to load a Windows profile in my BIOS which is setup to boot from my 2080Ti and not my iGPU.

Please post the following:
  • Config.plist
  • IOReg output. Simply download and run IORegistryExplorer and select File —> Save As...

Sorry for the late reply... life has been hectic :) Hope you can suggest a fix atm, im using the 2 DP i just need the last VGA port for the third monitor :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Arcadia iMac.ioreg
    17.4 MB · Views: 61
Hi @DanTechMedia and @CaseySJ

I have almost the same computer hardware ,

i9-9900k
z390 designare
top slot is Gigabyte Aorus RTX2070 XTREME 8G

I just using the config @CaseySJ set on page 88 and reset SMBIOS , but I still stuck in black view ....

My monitor is 4k LG

from my computer ouput and monitor input are hdmi

Also I put disabled slot 1 GPU SSDT to my EFI disk folder

I don't know why....

could you help me ?

Hi @DanTechMedia and @CaseySJ

I have almost the same computer hardware ,

i9-9900k
z390 designare
top slot is Gigabyte Aorus RTX2070 XTREME 8G

I just using the config @CaseySJ set on page 88 and reset SMBIOS , but I still stuck in black view ....

My monitor is 4k LG

from my computer ouput and monitor input are hdmi

Also I put disabled slot 1 GPU SSDT to my EFI disk folder

I don't know why....

could you help me ?
Please post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from the SMBIOS section. On the Designare Z390 it should be easy to enable on-board HDMI. I can review your config file.

Also check the following in BIOS:
  • IGFX --> Enabled
  • What is current setting of Initial Display Output?

Please post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from the SMBIOS section. On the Designare Z390 it should be easy to enable on-board HDMI. I can review your config file.

Also check the following in BIOS:
  • IGFX --> Enabled
  • What is current setting of Initial Display Output?

Hi @CaseySJ

I download the config file from your setting on page 88, and just re-generate serial numbers

here is my BIOS setting,

I think your article is very clear, but I still cannot work ..... so sad

1569947740465.png

1569947812650.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 101
Back