Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

thanks very much! below is what worked for me eventually. I even tried DVI to HDMI and DP to HDMI, both of them worked.

Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
Index 2, BusID 0x04, Type HDMI
Index 3, BusID 0x06, Type HDMI
Well done!

If Index 3 is the physical DP port (if it lights up when DP cable is connected to monitor) then it should work with Type = DP. However, if Index 1 is DP, then setting that to DP should work.

Well done!

If Index 3 is the physical DP port (if it lights up when DP cable is connected to monitor) then it should work with Type = DP. However, if Index 1 is DP, then setting that to DP should work.

I updated it. thanks very much for the guide. I've read some other people with same hardware as mine managed to get theirs working without doing this. for those who run into the same problem as mine, hopefully this helps. All ports light up when plugged.

Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type HDMI
Index 2, BusID 0x02, Type HDMI (DVI)
Index 3, BusID 0x04, Type DP

Last edited:
Hello! I'm stuck up with my attempts to make second screen working. Not sure that it's correct topic for my problem because I've got MB GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 with iGPU HD530. There are two ports on MB: HDMI and DP.

I used one screen connected to HDMI port with no problems on Mojave with WEG, no additional configurations was required. When I decided to attach one more screen through DP it doesn't work at all. I tried several methods with no luck:
  1. 2 monitors connected in the same time: HDMI working perfectly, DP shutting down on macOS loading screen.
  2. Only one monitor connected to DP and the same result. It's shutting down on macOS loading screen.
  3. I tried to build patch with this guide for my configuration with the same result as step one.
So for now I tried to determine on which port number DP port is but when I connecting/disconnecting second screen there is no red line appear on Hackintool's connector info (Patch - Apply patches checked). May be I missing something or doing wrong?

Also I tried to change randomly Port Types for two connectors with no success. And I'm not totally sure why my working screen is placed on BusID 0x05 but according guide is should be only one of 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x06.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 105
edit: nm disregard.

Last edited:
I have been reading most of the pages on this thread and tried a few methods and they all produce the same result. Black screen straight after the bios screen. I even deleted WhatEverGreen and inserted the fake id and igplatform provided in the guide.
It just feels like something is disabling the iGPU.
If I boot into windows everything works fine.
How can I enable my UHD 630? Why do all these methods fail on my motherboard?
I have a Z390 UD with just a single HDMI port. I also use a Vega 56.
Any help would be appreciated Casey

Last edited:
Hello, same issue for me, see my post on whatevergreen thread. With hackintoool i can see that 3 monitors are detected, (even with ioreg) but only two are displayed on prefpanes.

@drunkydr : your config.plist seems strange, are you using macbook pro smbios?
With my tiny lenovo (I7-6700T + HD530, using smbios imac 16.1) i have succeeded to have 3 monitors working, until the last patch of OSX 10.14.5 where only two are working.
Problem solved using smbios imac 14.2, i don't know why it's working.
So with imac 17.1 give me just one screen, imac 16.1 three screen until 10.14.5 and then imac 14.2 is working.

So with imac 17.1 give me just one screen, imac 16.1 three screen until 10.14.5 and then imac 14.2 is working.
Could you tell had you the same experience like me when detecting ports? I've got an issue when I trying to plug in second monitor there is no addition red line in Hackitool's connector screen.

I've got same SMBIOS, iGPU and almost the same CPU but only two ports on my MB: HDMI (which works perfectly) and useless DP.

Could you please share your config.list ?

Hi guys,

Been trying to get my GT 740 working on Mojave 14.5 and at best all I have is a working mouse with a black screen behind the cursor. Its like its almost there as it responds to motion and the password field changes the mouse pointer. Not sure what ids I need or where to put them in Hackintool but been playing with settings like changing the display type or force rgb and more without success. Also have tried different SMBIOS profiles. Perhaps someone is familiar with these symptoms and can suggest a cure?

Thanks

Asus Z68 Deluxe Motherboard - 2600K (igpu is internal and off with no display ports on motherboard)
EVGA 740 GT Kepler DDR3 card

Been trying to get my GT 740 working on Mojave 14.5 and at best all I have is a working mouse with a black screen behind the cursor. Its like its almost there as it responds to motion and the password field changes the mouse pointer. Not sure what ids I need or where to put them in Hackintool but been playing with settings like changing the display type or force rgb and more without success. Also have tried different SMBIOS profiles. Perhaps someone is familiar with these symptoms and can suggest a cure?

@moheban79.

Hackintool and this thread is only for configuring Intel IGPU's not Nvidia GPU's.

First thing to do is try installing Lilu + WhatEverGreen which contains the NvidiaGraphicsFixUp plugin that usually resolve the black screen with Nvidia GPU's.

If that fails to work try posting your issue on one of the Nvidia specific threads.

Cheers
Jay

Back