Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hello, my machine is desktop computer with Intel I3 7100, video card is HD630, Motherboard chip is intel H110 series, LCD screen is directly connected to the motherboard's LVDS port. And there are two other ports on this motherboard, it is a vga and a hdmi, after I use heckontools to make a path and inject to config.plist. and then the computer restart and the LCD screen becomes blackscreen, but computer is still loading. how can i set busID and which type will i chose how can i get this monitor working. if you can help me to fix my problem, I will appreciate your help very much.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_073738.jpg
    IMG_20190515_073738.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 55
I was trying to figure out some things before bothering again! I have learned that my alternatives configs plist was not working when I was choosing another one from clover bootloader menu. The settings only reverted back when I renamed back to config.plist. Also when I patched connectors using indexes to -1 value (the ones to disable) I was getting black screen. Now I think I sucede disabling by having the unwanted connectors to bus 0x00 and type zero. My HDMI connection is the only one now and working with bus 0x04. System loads faster now, but sleep still doesn't work!!
I have attached my config.plist if you could please have a look!!
Thanks a lot.
If you're still having issues with Sleep, please try the attached config.plist, but copy your serial numbers and UUIDs back into SMBIOS.

A handful of changes were made, but the main ones are:
  • Inject Intel = disabled now because you're using WhateverGreen to manage the iGPU
  • ig-platform-id = empty now for the same reason
I noticed that you're using a USB port limit patch. Are you still on 10.14.3? Have you updated to 10.14.4 or 10.14.5? If so, they require different USB port limit patches.

Many sleep issues are related to USB devices and Bluetooth devices. Some suggestions:
  • Create a custom USB SSDT for your motherboard. Invest an hour or two into this and never worry about USB port limit patches again. This can also solve some USB-related sleep problems. The most user-friendly guide for this is located here.
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse. Then disconnect all Bluetooth devices except keyboard/mouse (this does not mean un-pair; it just means disconnect from the Bluetooth menu).
  • If sleep works, then reattach USB devices one by one, and reconnect Bluetooth devices one by one until sleep no longer works. That will identify the offending device.

Attachments

• config-romy4444.plist
    9 KB · Views: 104
Hello, my machine is desktop computer with Intel I3 7100, video card is HD630, Motherboard chip is intel H110 series, LCD screen is directly connected to the motherboard's LVDS port. And there are two other ports on this motherboard, it is a vga and a hdmi, after I use heckontools to make a path and inject to config.plist. and then the computer restart and the LCD screen becomes blackscreen, but computer is still loading. how can i set busID and which type will i chose how can i get this monitor working. if you can help me to fix my problem, I will appreciate your help very much.
Several questions:
  1. Have you tried following the Guide in post #1?
  2. If so, how far did you get and what Platform IDs, BusIDs, and Types did you try?
  3. What is the exact model number of your motherboard?
  4. Have you tried using Type = DP instead of LVDS?

Hey! Great info you have here!
I have a MSI H310M PRO-M2 motherboard and i5 8400, the board has 3 ports (VGA, DVI, HDMI). I can only use the VGA port, single monitor in HDMI will blank out when reaching desktop, and when trying dual monitor same thing happens.

I'm using SMBios iMac18,1 (tried 18,3, 19,2, macmini8,1 but they cause all my usb ports to stop working)
I have acceleration, but couldn't find a patch that enables my HDMI port (don't have any DVI to test)
My VGA is at Index 3, works with many Buses and Types no problem.
Tried both Index 1 and Index2 with Type HDMI with Buses ranging from 0x01 to 0x07 and none is able to give any signal :(
Is there anything else I could do to try and make this work ?

Started with Mojave 10.14.3 and now testing with 10.14.5

Thanks!

Edit: My IGPU is a 0x3e92, I'm using Platform ID 0x3e9b0007

I'm just about to bite the bullet and get a discrete GPU and leave the IGPU alone.

If you're still having issues with Sleep, please try the attached config.plist, but copy your serial numbers and UUIDs back into SMBIOS.

A handful of changes were made, but the main ones are:
  • Inject Intel = disabled now because you're using WhateverGreen to manage the iGPU
  • ig-platform-id = empty now for the same reason
I noticed that you're using a USB port limit patch. Are you still on 10.14.3? Have you updated to 10.14.4 or 10.14.5? If so, they require different USB port limit patches.

Many sleep issues are related to USB devices and Bluetooth devices. Some suggestions:
  • Create a custom USB SSDT for your motherboard. Invest an hour or two into this and never worry about USB port limit patches again. This can also solve some USB-related sleep problems. The most user-friendly guide for this is located here.
  • Disconnect all USB devices except keyboard and mouse. Then disconnect all Bluetooth devices except keyboard/mouse (this does not mean un-pair; it just means disconnect from the Bluetooth menu).
  • If sleep works, then reattach USB devices one by one, and reconnect Bluetooth devices one by one until sleep no longer works. That will identify the offending device.
Ohh thanks a lot!
I was worried with the reviews of my motherboard, some people saying that sleep was not working even with windows... So, my Amazon protection was almost expiring I preferred to return it and ordered a asus h110i plus. But as soon as it arrives I'll post the results with the new config.plist!
I had already done the custom ssdt for usb, but I didn't know I had to remove the port limit patch...
Now with the new motherboard I will do it again.
Thank you!!

Hey! Great info you have here!
I have a MSI H310M PRO-M2 motherboard and i5 8400, the board has 3 ports (VGA, DVI, HDMI). I can only use the VGA port, single monitor in HDMI will blank out when reaching desktop, and when trying dual monitor same thing happens.

I'm using SMBios iMac18,1 (tried 18,3, 19,2, macmini8,1 but they cause all my usb ports to stop working)
I have acceleration, but couldn't find a patch that enables my HDMI port (don't have any DVI to test)
My VGA is at Index 3, works with many Buses and Types no problem.
Tried both Index 1 and Index2 with Type HDMI with Buses ranging from 0x01 to 0x07 and none is able to give any signal :(
Is there anything else I could do to try and make this work ?

Started with Mojave 10.14.3 and now testing with 10.14.5

Thanks!

Edit: My IGPU is a 0x3e92, I'm using Platform ID 0x3e9b0007
This would be a typical configuration to try:

Index 1: BusID 0x02, Type = HDMI
Index 2: BusID 0x01, Type = HDMI
Index 3: BusID 0x06, Type = DP (physical port = VGA)

If none of your attempts worked, could it be that the connector patch was not applied correctly? During each test attempt, you can run IORegistryExplorer then scroll the device tree to "IGPU@2" and click on it. Then on the right side you should see each of the "framebuffer-con0-xxx" and "framebuffer-con1-xxx" and "framebuffer-con2-xxx" entries. If these entries are missing, then the patch has not been applied correctly or is otherwise not activated.

Several questions:
  1. Have you tried following the Guide in post #1?
  2. If so, how far did you get and what Platform IDs, BusIDs, and Types did you try?
  3. What is the exact model number of your motherboard?
  4. Have you tried using Type = DP instead of LVDS?
i set configuration in hackintools
[1] busId: 0x02, pipe: 9, type: 0x00000002, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorLVDS
[2] busId: 0x04, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000800, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorHDMI
[3] busId: 0x06, pipe: 10, type: 0x00000400, flags: 0x00000187 - ConnectorDP
and i inject EDID of monitor connected LDVS port with AAPL00,override-no-connect in clover, then HDMI monitor is working, LDVS monitor still is not working(dual monitor),but in hackintools i can see tow monitors are activated,and in connector info: tow ports are displaying red color.

Hello CaseySJ
question:before entering the password on boot the apple becomes large
advice

Hello CaseySJ
question:before entering the password on boot the apple becomes large
advice
I'm sorry I don't understand the question. Can you post an image?

Back