Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

I pass you IoReg

I have to make one cable at a time

Attachments

• Fabio’s iMac.zip
    995.5 KB · Views: 48
I pass you IoReg

I have to make one cable at a time
Some comments:
  • Your Nvidia card is fully active so it's not necessary to use video ports on the motherboard. You can use a "headless" platform ID to disable video output, but still keep iGPU activate for compute tasks.
  • But if you still want to use on-board video ports, your current connector configuration seems incorrect. Here is the current configuration:
    • Index 1: BusID 0x05, Type DP (Con0)
    • Index 2: BusID 0x04, Type DP (Con1)
    • Index 3: BusID 0x06, Type DP (Con2)
  • You should try this:
    • Index 1: BusID 0x01, Type DP
    • Index 2: BusID 0x02, Type HDMI (physical port is DVI)
    • Index 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

You can use a "headless" platform ID to disable video output, but still keep iGPU activate for compute tasks.
can you tell me how

You should try this:
  • Index 1: BusID 0x01, Type DP
  • Index 2: BusID 0x02, Type HDMI (physical port is DVI)
  • Index 3: BusID 0x04, Type HDMI

you mean using Hackintool, modified as in the photo

Pipe remains 18 or I have to change it
Question: I have to redo the Patch with Hackintool

Last edited:
can you tell me how
We just have to use a headless Platform ID such as the one shown below. There are others as well. Notice the headless icon in red box on the right, and the Index -1 on the left. But don't switch to this yet.
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.01.08 AM.png

you mean using Hackintool, modified as in the photo

View attachment 404007

Question: I have to redo the Patch with Hackintool
Yes you have to redo the patch using Hackintool. The settings in your screenshot are correct.

as I save the settings in Hackintool, if I open it again the settings do not remain as I set them

as I save the settings in Hackintool, if I open it again the settings do not remain as I set them
Procedure:
  • After making the changes in Connectors page and selecting the appropriate checkboxes in Patch-->General and Patch-->Advanced, click Generate Patch.
  • Then Mount EFI partition of your Mojave SSD. You can do this directly from Hackintool.Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.14.33 AM.png
  • Then select File --> Export --> Bootloader config.plist from the top menu bar. Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.16.33 AM.png
  • Then select the EFI disk and open the EFI/CLOVER folder. Save the file there. The changes will be made to the existing config.plist.
  • Reboot.
  • Then take a look at Post #594 above to verify the new settings.

executed, but on restart black screen

executed, but on restart black screen
You can use the Nvidia card for booting (in BIOS, set the primary or initial display to the PCI Slot containing the Nvidia card). Then go through the procedure in Post #1.

Remember, this is a Trial and Error procedure. It means doing lots of experiments, but in a thoughtful way. Try the procedure in Post #1.

Remember to use straight "apples to apples" cables. Do not use video converters or adapters. Use only HDMI-to-HDMI or DP-to-DP or DVI-to-DVI cables for the discovery process.

And it's best to use relatively new monitor. If your monitor is many years old, it may require complicated EDID patches. But if your monitor is relatively new and support DisplayPort 1.2+ and HDMI 1.4+ then there's a good chance it will be okay.

I tried again and adding DVMT pre-alloc 32 MB I arrived at the desktop
I also have to try Advanced -> VRAM 2048 MB
new IoReg

Attachments

• Fabio’s iMac.zip
    949.9 KB · Views: 49
I was watching but it shouldn't be <onboard-1>
the patch creates me <onboard-2>

Back