Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

@buzzvicky, thank you for sharing your configuration with all the relevant details! Will add this to Compilation shortly.

Thanks for this guide!

I got a problem, maybe im doin something wrong.
Yesterday i thought my dual screen setup would work.

I cleaned up my config.plist and followed your guide.
Its very strange yesterday it worked! I waited until i logged in then i turned on my second monitor (via HDMI).
I restarted and again it works. HDMI is Port 0x06 and i only have 2 Video Outputs on my mainboard - DP & HDMI

But today not anymore, got the old problem. If i plugin my second monitor i got a "crash", screen goas black and the hole pc freez. Have to hard reset. Maybe you guys know whats goin on?

EDIT:

Okay i tryed it again and i think its working.
I used the DP to HDMI option in the Patcher.
One other thing to active the audio for my HDMI & DP i have to check "Audio" on the Hackintool but sometimes i cant boot. Stuck on the Apple logo and it looks broken <

Another way to activate HDMI Audio?

EDIT2:

After shuting down the pc it doesnt work anymore... i dont get it...
I restartet a few times and everytime it worked but after shut down the pc and start again its not working, after turn on the second screen its freezing...

Attachments

• config.plist
    27.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.16.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.32.26.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.32.26.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.32.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.32.png
    88.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-09 um 08.31.24.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Thanks for this guide!

I got a problem, maybe im doin something wrong.
Yesterday i thought my dual screen setup would work.

I cleaned up my config.plist and followed your guide.
Its very strange yesterday it worked! I waited until i logged in then i turned on my second monitor (via HDMI).
I restarted and again it works. HDMI is Port 0x06 and i only have 2 Video Outputs on my mainboard - DP & HDMI

But today not anymore, got the old problem. If i plugin my second monitor i got a "crash", screen goas black and the hole pc freez. Have to hard reset. Maybe you guys know whats goin on?

EDIT:

Okay i tryed it again and i think its working.
I used the DP to HDMI option in the Patcher.
One other thing to active the audio for my HDMI & DP i have to check "Audio" on the Hackintool but sometimes i cant boot. Stuck on the Apple logo and it looks broken <

Another way to activate HDMI Audio?

EDIT2:

After shuting down the pc it doesnt work anymore... i dont get it...
I restartet a few times and everytime it worked but after shut down the pc and start again its not working, after turn on the second screen its freezing...
Couple of comments:
  • The first Hackintool screenshot shows that Platform ID 0x59120000 is associated with iMac18,2 and iMac18,3. But you're using iMac18,1. Have you tried switching to iMac18,2 or iMac18,3?
  • On row 3, it might be better to set Index = 3, BusID = 0x00, and Type = DUMMY.

Couple of comments:
  • The first Hackintool screenshot shows that Platform ID 0x59120000 is associated with iMac18,2 and iMac18,3. But you're using iMac18,1. Have you tried switching to iMac18,2 or iMac18,3?
  • On row 3, it might be better to set Index = 3, BusID = 0x00, and Type = DUMMY.

Problem was if i switch to iMac18,2/18,3 i got graphic glitches/flickering stuff.
No hardware acceleration but maybe i missed something but i thought 18,2/18,3 not only have a IGPU, they have a dGPU.
But i will give it a try

Nope, no success for me.
I dont get it to work...

Nope, no success for me.
I dont get it to work...
I assume you're running macOS 10.13.x High Sierra because you're trying to use Platform ID 0x59120000. Is that correct? Or are you running macOS 10.14.x Mojave?

Im running Mojave 10.14.4.

Im running Mojave 10.14.4.
I have seen various issues when using multiple monitors with internal GPU. Please connect only 1 monitor and check system behavior. If system boots up properly every time (no black screens) then try the other monitor (again, only 1 monitor at a time).

That works everytime.
If i only have the HDMI connected and boot np.
If i only have the DP connected and boot it works too.

Only if i plug in the second one it crash.
I dont get it like i said it worked a few times.
After Shutdown the system it doesnt work anymore without change anything on the config/kexts.

Can anyone confirm if the latest update fixes the no HDMI on the Maximus XI Hero Call of Duty Edition?

Back