Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.

There are many errors and omissions in your config.plist. It may take several iterations to get your system configured properly. Let's start like this:
  • Install latest Lilu and WhateverGreen to your /Library/Extensions folder by following the kext installation guide located here. Pay special attention to Step 7.
  • Replace your config.plist with the attached version (rename the attached file to config.plist).
  • This config.plist uses platform ID 0x3E9B0007 and injects graphics properties using WhateverGreen instead of Clover. All EDID injections and KabyLake driver patches have been removed or disabled. This file does not use KabyLake at all.
  • This file also applies the connector patch based on Gigabyte H310M, which also has a VGA port and HDMI port. But there's no guarantee that these settings are correct for your motherboard. This is just a start, and it may cause one or both video ports to go blank. If that happens, let me know and we'll try different settings.
  • It adds several ACPI patches (SAT0 to SATA, HDAS to HDEF, etc.) that should help with additional driver fixes.
  • It enables "verbose" mode so you will a lot of log messages during boot and shutdown. Once things are working we can turn this off, but for now keep this on.

Ok, this is what I have got... Lilu and WhateverGreen are installed, rebuild cache, kext-dev-mode=1

Does message "Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: no such file or directory" mean that kexts from L/E couldn't load? Last two images are my L/E and CLOVER/kexts/Other folders.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 71
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 61
  • image10.jpg
    image10.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image11.jpg
    image11.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 65
  • image12.jpg
    image12.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 60
  • image13.jpg
    image13.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image14.jpg
    image14.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image15.jpg
    image15.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image16.jpg
    image16.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image17.jpg
    image17.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image18.jpg
    image18.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 11.26.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 11.26.07 AM.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 12.09.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 12.09.09 PM.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Have you tried the Asus TUF Z390M-Pro Gaming configuration from the first post? It's below:
Index 2, BusID 0x02, Type HDMI (physical port is DVI)
Index 3, BusID 0x04, Type HDMI
Index 1, BusID 0x01, Type DP
There is no DVI in this board, so there is only two display outputs, I think I tried the config, but didn't manage too far, so I did my own thing.

I will give it another try just to make sure.

Short question, can this fix my problem gettin Multiscreens to work?
I use my iGPU (i7 7700k HD630), first Output is my main Monitor (DisplayPort) and second output my second screen (HDMI). If i turn the second monitor on my screen gettin just black.

Ok, this is what I have got... Lilu and WhateverGreen are installed, rebuild cache, kext-dev-mode=1

Does message "Warning: /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions: no such file or directory" mean that kexts from L/E couldn't load? Last two images are my L/E and CLOVER/kexts/Other folders.
Thank you for posting the detailed set of images. Apologies for the late reply. I must admit it is often more difficult to install and configure macOS on embedded motherboards rather than retail motherboards.

In the EFI/CLOVER/misc folder of your USB install disk should be a file called debug.log. Can you please upload that?

Short question, can this fix my problem gettin Multiscreens to work?
I use my iGPU (i7 7700k HD630), first Output is my main Monitor (DisplayPort) and second output my second screen (HDMI). If i turn the second monitor on my screen gettin just black.
Yes, the purpose of this guide is to help you enable HDMI on your internal GPU (without disabling any other video ports). So you should then be able to use DP and HDMI to drive 2 monitors.

Thank you for posting the detailed set of images. Apologies for the late reply. I must admit it is often more difficult to install and configure macOS on embedded motherboards rather than retail motherboards.

In the EFI/CLOVER/misc folder of your USB install disk should be a file called debug.log. Can you please upload that?

OK, debug.log is attached.
Note: I made new config.info file today and tested, but when I came to login screen, my USB ports don't work (keyboard and mouse don't respond). I couldn't find what is going wrong. Clover configurator is set default AAPL,ig-platform-id to <0000923e>, but I couldn't test further because of USB ports.

Attachments

• debug.log.zip
    192.3 KB · Views: 73
OK, debug.log is attached.
Note: I made new config.info file today and tested, but when I came to login screen, my USB ports don't work (keyboard and mouse don't respond). I couldn't find what is going wrong. Clover configurator is set default AAPL,ig-platform-id to <0000923e>, but I couldn't test further because of USB ports.
For USB ports, try applying the 3 USB port limit patches for Mojave as listed here:

I've tested them myself and they work quite well.

Edit:
  • Your system has one 8GB DIMM. The second DIMM slot is empty.
  • Your UHD graphics ID is 0x3E92, which is natively recognized by macOS. There is no need to use IntelGFX = 0x12345678.
You should therefore use:
  • Platform ID 0x3E9B0007
  • Device-id 0x3E92
If you still have problem after the USB patch, please do this:
  • Compress and upload your CLOVER folder from EFI partition of Mojave SSD.
  • Upload screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder.

Last edited:
Hello,
Just trying to get all the ports working on the integrated motherboard.

The motherboard type is a Gigabyte H370M D3H.
It as got
1 x VGA
1 x DVI
1 x HDMI

The VGA port worked out of the box. I didn't have to do anything to make it function after installing OSX.

I've run though the guide using a process of elimination but none of the combinations seem to work.

Attached is a debug report. Does anyone know what I might be able to try next?

Attachments

• debug_30359.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 86
Hello,
Just trying to get all the ports working on the integrated motherboard.

The motherboard type is a Gigabyte H370M D3H.
It as got
1 x VGA
1 x DVI
1 x HDMI

The VGA port worked out of the box. I didn't have to do anything to make it function after installing OSX.

I've run though the guide using a process of elimination but none of the combinations seem to work.

Attached is a debug report. Does anyone know what I might be able to try next?
First of all, thank you for posting the full set of debug log files. According to "kextstat_all_log.txt" your system is not loading WhateverGreen. This means no graphics injection is taking place. So although your have modified the connector types on indices 1 and 2 to HDMI, those settings are not in effect. This is further validated from "generic_ioreg.txt", which shows that all three connectors under IGPU (AppleIntelFramebuffer@0, AppleIntelFramebuffer@1, and AppleIntelFramebuffer@2) are set to "connector-type" 0x0004 or DisplayPort. This is also why VGA is working, because it's attached to AppleIntelFramebuffer@0 and uses Type=DisplayPort.

To fix the problem of loading WhateverGreen, please do this:
  • Clover Configurator --> SMBIOS --> uncheck "Trust"
  • Clover Configurator --> System Parameters --> Inject Kexts --> "Detect"
Then follow JayMonkey's guide for installing third-party kexts. In particular, see Step 7. Install Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC into /Library/Extensions and run Kext Utility to rebuild the kernel cache.

Then reboot and check the DVI and HDMI ports. If the problem persists, please let us know.

Back