Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

dp to hdmi
Please try BusID 0x05 for Index 1 and use a DP-to-DP cable to confirm that the settings are good. Use of adapters can create problems that we are often unable to fix -- you may have to contact the manufacturer for support.

Please try BusID 0x05 for Index 1 and use a DP-to-DP cable to confirm that the settings are good. Use of adapters can create problems that we are often unable to fix -- you may have to contact the manufacturer for support.
I tried two cables and both of them have the same problem, my monitor doesn't have the exit dp, so I need a dp to hdmi cable

Thank you so much for the guide! I managed to get full graphics acceleration & HDMI working on the Gigabyte B360N WiFi with a Core i3 8100. The motherboard only has two HDMI ports for the display output, so getting the display to work was quite a challenge, but I did manage it. I ended up using the prebuilt patch for the ASRock B360M-ITX/AC that was located within Hackintool, and modifying it from there. I am pleased to report that audio and both HDMI ports are working. Attached is the tool screenshot and a compressed copy of my EFI folder for anyone's perusal.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 753
  • Hackintool.png
    Hackintool.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 719
@CaseySJ I think you should add that some motherboards, in rare circumstances, do use Bus 0x05 for HDMI.

Thanks for your tool and assistance!

Thank you so much for the guide! I managed to get full graphics acceleration & HDMI working on the Gigabyte B360N WiFi with a Core i3 8100. The motherboard only has two HDMI ports for the display output, so getting the display to work was quite a challenge, but I did manage it. I ended up using the prebuilt patch for the ASRock B360M-ITX/AC that was located within Hackintool, and modifying it from there. I am pleased to report that audio and both HDMI ports are working. Attached is the tool screenshot and a compressed copy of my EFI folder for anyone's perusal.
Well done -- an HDMI-only motherboard does make this more difficult, so glad to see you made it! Will add your configuration to the Compilation in Post 1.

Edit: Please note the following corrections you should make to your config.plist!

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 3.58.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 3.59.05 PM.png

Last edited:
@CaseySJ I think you should add that some motherboards, in rare circumstances, do use Bus 0x05 for HDMI.

Thanks for your tool and assistance!
Thanks! Will add that note to the table of Bus IDs in Post 1 shortly. Which motherboard uses 0x05 for HDMI?

Last edited:
Thanks! Will add that note to the table of Bus IDs in Post 1 shortly. Which motherboard uses 0x05 for HDMI?
My MSI 370 Carbon AC

Are there still no news on how to boot with two monitors attached on boot? I'm good with plugin one of them (either DP or HDMI) at boot, but its just such a pain! If I connect remotely I can see the two screens are active, but can't manage to turn the second on, on boot.

Are there still no news on how to boot with two monitors attached on boot? I'm good with plugin one of them (either DP or HDMI) at boot, but its just such a pain! If I connect remotely I can see the two screens are active, but can't manage to turn the second on, on boot.
What motherboard and cpu do u have? I had the same problem but fixed it using Hackintool. U can see it a few pages back

What motherboard and cpu do u have? I had the same problem but fixed it using Hackintool. U can see it a few pages back
My DVI port works, but only when HDMI is unplugged. When both are plugged in, DVI is black and HDMI has glitches. When DVI is unplugged, HDMI works well. Both work well only after boot on DVI only and then plugging HDMI. is there any way to fix it ?

Last edited:
Back