Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

So I tried to Bus ID 1, 2, 4, and 6 on Index 1 with Type HDMI. None of those worked. The HDMI monitor always stayed black. The DP monitor came on every time.

So right now it's either one monitor or Pink monitor. I tried to force the HDMI monitor to use RGB using a script I found on google. That didn't work either. I'll report back if I find a fix.

So I tried to Bus ID 1, 2, 4, and 6 on Index 1 with Type HDMI. None of those worked. The HDMI monitor always stayed black. The DP monitor came on every time.

So right now it's either one monitor or Pink monitor. I tried to force the HDMI monitor to use RGB using a script I found on google. That didn't work either. I'll report back if I find a fix.
Have you tried using the settings for the MSI Z390M Gaming Edge AC? The new Hackintool can inject those settings directly into your config.plist:

Have you tried using the settings for the MSI Z390M Gaming Edge AC? The new Hackintool can inject those settings directly into your config.plist:

View attachment 392634

Didn't know I could do that. Just tried it, both DP and HDMI has a black screen.

Figured it out. For my motherboard, the Bus ID for Index 1 has to be 0x05. That's the only bus that worked for DP or HDMI. If the type is set to DP, it shows up Pink. If it's set to HDMI, all is well.

Now, I gotta figure out why my 2 ext HD's aren't showing up. I have 4 ext HD's on 1 Hub. 2 show up, the other 2 do not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.43.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 10.43.19 PM.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 79
When specifying Platform ID and Device ID in Clover Configurator, you must enter the values in Reverse Byte order. Currently, your config.plist has these values:

XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>PpsABw==</data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>Pps=</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id is currently entered as: 3e 9b 00 07
  • device-id is currently entered as: 3e 9b
But they must be entered in reverse byte order in Clover Configurator as follows:
  • AAPL,ig-platform-id: 07 00 9b 3e (which becomes BwCbPg== in Base64)
  • device-id: 9b 3e (which becomes mz4= in Base64)
XML:
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>BwCbPg==</data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>mz4=</data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
            </dict>

Once these corrected settings are applied, your iGPU should be enabled, and you can attempt the procedure again. If you run into difficulty, just let us know...

With these settings, Mojave start lo load, but after 3/4 load bar, PC is going to restart. This is what I've got in verbose mode...

Attachments

• panic.jpg
    panic.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
with the patch I found in this guide the two hdmi doors work,the door display port that doesn't work with bus id 0x05, i try to put 0x04 and all three of the integrated exits work, the only thing is that the display in DP is very green, how can I fix it?

Attachments

• iMac di Cristian ior.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 73
  • config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Figured it out. For my motherboard, the Bus ID for Index 1 has to be 0x05. That's the only bus that worked for DP or HDMI. If the type is set to DP, it shows up Pink. If it's set to HDMI, all is well.

Now, I gotta figure out why my 2 ext HD's aren't showing up. I have 4 ext HD's on 1 Hub. 2 show up, the other 2 do not.
Good job! I'll add your motherboard to the Compilation in Post 1.

With these settings, Mojave start lo load, but after 3/4 load bar, PC is going to restart. This is what I've got in verbose mode...
The text in that screenshot is the "core dump" after the crash. The cause of the crash is most likely mentioned a couple of pages before this. So the best thing is to take a video with your smartphone (hold the phone steady or put phone on a stand) then scrub a few frames before the core dump, capture screenshots (on iPhone X you can capture screenshot by pressing Side Button and Volume-Up Button at the same time), and post.

with the patch I found in this guide the two hdmi doors work,the door display port that doesn't work with bus id 0x05, i try to put 0x04 and all three of the integrated exits work, the only thing is that the display in DP is very green, how can I fix it?
View attachment 392722

View attachment 392705
In Post #168 and #170, the owner confirmed that all three ports (DP, HDMI, HDMI) are okay. So I'm not sure why BusID 0x05 does not enable DP for you -- maybe you have a different BIOS revision?

Anyway, here are some suggestions for the green-tint problem:
  • Does green tint occur when you use ONLY the DP port (disconnect both HDMI cables)?
  • Are you sure that BusID 0x05 does not work? Can you try it once more?
  • Have you tried BusID 0x06 for DP? Does it work? Is there a green tint?

Back